Testosterone worries?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
dg_moore

Re: Testosterone worries?

Postby dg_moore » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:52 am

dg_moore wrote:I'm seeing my doc on Monday about low T. My last test came back at 130, and I feel really low and draggy. I'll explore the dangers, but from what I've read I'd gladly risk it if getting my T back up would help me feel better. Most of the dangers I've read about don't really disturb me too much - the risk is statistical, but the benefit could be tangible. If my numbers rise but I don't feel any different I won't continue with the therapy.

I recently got new labs back after being on Androgel (3 pumps) for a month. My T increased from 130 (mighty low) to 419 (not bad for my age - 71). I don't feel any noticeable benefits to speak of, except maybe slightly less fatigue in the afternoon, but I'm going to continue on the Androgel and test again in 3 months. I may just be a slow responder, but my expectations for significant benefits from T therapy are lower than they were at the outset.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Anonymous1

Re: Testosterone worries?

Postby Anonymous1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm coming up on 2 yrs self-injecting using the SubQ technicque. Got my labs back yesterday and I'm right at 800 total and 22 free. My estrogen level is around 20. I may see if the doc will let me experiment with pulling that down with some low level arimidex. In most cases, if you don't see a jump in libido the culprit is either estrogen conversion or sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). The former can be controlled with arimidex and the latter well that's a crap shoot. Libido seems to be dependent on the right amount of estrogen - too much or too little and it all goes kaput. I've not had the libido jump I'd hoped for but I've had tremendous results in every other area of life. I literally feel like I'm 17 again in all respects except for libido.

I do a regimen as follows...I run about 50mg injection every 4 days using the sub cutaneous technique around my belly button. I've developed a 6 pack and it's hard to have a bit of fat there now to inject into (I DO NOT DO INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTIONS!). This has worked perfectly for me and the labs have shown it. All of my blood work has come back in tip-shop shape.
Married. 50+. Migraines, low T, performance anxiety and transient ED. Trimix user. Yahoo/Trillian: RF8877/Skype IslandGuy2240.

Return to “General Discussion”