Are my soft erections a result of low testosterone?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
xenine

Are my soft erections a result of low testosterone?

Postby xenine » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:47 pm

i'm experienced ED for years now. recently though, i've been having soft eerections and low libido. has anyone here had low testosterone as a cause of their Erectile Dysfunction? if so, did replacement hormone therapy work?

thinktank

Re: Are my soft erections a result of low testosterone?

Postby thinktank » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Presently two months on TRT.

No benefit to erections yet. Had a few nighttime hards.

I was on too high a dose of T at 200 mg per week and had hot flashes like a menopausal woman.

I have cut back to 100 mg per week on the advice of my doctors.

I am still searching for better erectile health and fighting higher estrogen.

TRT works well for some guys from the start. I am not one of those guys. However, in all fairness, I am 66 but am a very very active 66 year old man.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:24 pm

My ED is a result of 20 years as a diabetic. My T level was just under 300 so I started TRT (Androgel)18 months ago. The resulting higher T levels increased libido but did nothing for limp dick. The TRT also increased my PSA so I have cut back on the TRT; however, my T level is now lower than before I started TRT.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

xenine

Postby xenine » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:33 am

thinktank wrote:Presently two months on TRT.

No benefit to erections yet. Had a few nighttime hards.

I was on too high a dose of T at 200 mg per week and had hot flashes like a menopausal woman.

I have cut back to 100 mg per week on the advice of my doctors.

I am still searching for better erectile health and fighting higher estrogen.

TRT works well for some guys from the start. I am not one of those guys. However, in all fairness, I am 66 but am a very very active 66 year old man.

have u or are u experiencing soft erections? im 42 and am experiencing soft erections which is a big mystery.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:53 am

Unlikely T will fix the erection quality directly. It should fix the libido and that possibly(!!!) increase the firmness.
But regardless of whether or not T will help on the erection issue, still it is our "hormone of life". With the lack of it we easily develop whole bunch of other problems. So try not expect the "miracle cure" from it but consider it as an investment that will pay back in the long term.

xenine

Postby xenine » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:05 pm

danny1553 wrote:Unlikely T will fix the erection quality directly. It should fix the libido and that possibly(!!!) increase the firmness.

But regardless of whether or not T will help on the erection issue, still it is our "hormone of life". With the lack of it we easily develop whole bunch of other problems. So try not expect the "miracle cure" from it but consider it as an investment that will pay back in the long term.

so youre saying that extra testosterone injected into me wont help with firming up my erections?

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Xenine ...

You will see anecdotal stories here in the forum where people have used T-replacement (and having ED) and having it not make any difference. It might make the Desire/Libido come back (if that is diminished). It may make energy and concentration and strength levels come back (if they are diminished) .. But they might not bring the erection back up!

But sometimes a person can have other things that are affecting erection quality (EQ). What other things? Unfortunately, just about everything affects EQ:

circulation/heart/artery/bloodpressure issues.. and the medications that treat them.

depression/anxiety/nervousness issues .. and the medications that treat them ...

diabetes/circulation/nerve damage .. long term these can slowly reduce EQ ...

I think cholesterol meds are now also implicated in reduced EQ ...

So you just can't win .. you can't hardly even get into the game!

See what your doc comes up with .... the only way to know for sure..

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:24 pm

If it will then you will be the first person I've heard it to fix the ED.
Though extra libido might push extra blood into your penis so it may become firmer... but not because T would fix the ED problem but rather because increased libido will provide extra blood.

Anyway it did not help in my case but your might be different. Though not a second I've ever regretted about getting T-injections.

P.S. Actually there is one guy on forum who claims that compounded T-cream made him back in normals so that he decided not to go with the implant.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:43 pm

I have been on TRT for 7 years these other guys are right TRT will boost sex drive, energy, and overall well being, but my uro told only in a very few cases will TRT do more than help you get night erections. If you have not done so already try ed meds.
Some guys have great results with the orals others like myself have had to go to injections. Good luck there is a light at the end of the ED tunnel.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 pm

High testosterone doesn't always mean good erections and low testosterone doesn't always mean soft erections. Moreover TRT can have drastic effects on your body, the internet is full of these horror stories. ED is a multifactorial condition and the true role of testosterone is still a mystery.

There are safer ways to boost your testosterone levels (e.g. regular exercise) and your sex life. And, of course, only a doctor can determine the exact cause of your problem. Self medication is always a risk, especially in this case.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Return to “General Discussion”