Need some feed back on venous leakage

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
regguy1967

Need some feed back on venous leakage

Postby regguy1967 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 pm

F.T. friends,
I am wondering if I am having a venous leakage problem I need some feed back from some of you who have this problem. I am using bimix injections have been thinking about switching to trimix because of results with the bimix. Lately when I inject I feel that things are starting to work but I get a weak erection that fades rapidly and I get mild leg cramping and feel some flushing like I had from the orals that I switched from partly because of these side effects. Wondering if this could be venous leakage?

Thank you.
regguy (Bill)
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

antelope

Re: Need some feed back on venous leakage

Postby antelope » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Certainly there are guys on the site who can offer comments from their own experiences--comments which may have some value to you. That being said, this is a question for your urologist.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:36 am

Bill,
Antelope has it right.
Make an appointment to see a URO who specializes in male sexual dysfunction and discuss your symptoms.
He or she will run the appropriate tests (including Penile Doppler) to determine the root cause of your problem and
recommend potential ED Treatment Modalities for you.
Best of Luck.

Bob

risefromtheashes

Postby risefromtheashes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Yes get a doppler ultrasound. I'm waiting on the results of my second doppler in 3 months. They are no fun. Do your homework, you don't want just anyone doing these. If you are able to achieve a full and hard erection for any amount of time, make sure that you are erect as possible when going through this. Do your homework before getting one. Read as much as possible, write down questions and attempt to talk to whoever will administer the test. I've gotten more than one qualified medical opinion that suggests that these tests are often done incorrectly with questionable results. I suffered an injury or "event" during intercourse that has compromised my erections. I can still get them, but its not like it was. I've lost sensation especially when flaccid and I'm trying to determine (100%) or not whether the culprit is a veinous leak. If it is, it happened in an instant and the sensation in my penis has changed. A leak doesn't explain my losso of sensation. Good luck.

bigbadbrad

Postby bigbadbrad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I've had venous leakage caused by stress and have to inject to achieve a 90-100% erection. I went from tri-mix number one to tri-mix number two which is about twice as strong and works great. Two weeks ago I went for my annual Urological exam and asked the doctor if I had to use more of the tri-mix to get the same results if that meant things were getting worse insofar as my venous leakage was concerned. He laughed and said use whatever it takes to get the desired results! I have gone from using .18 to .20 cc to .25 to get really hard.

In my opinion, you need to see a good urologist but in my case at seventy years old, my doctor did not recommend a doppler test. If they find one the surgery to correct it is both expensive and not easily corrected. My doctor's opinion is that if the tri-mix is working well then the proof is in the pudding and there is no better "fix" to the problem than injecting.

Hope this helps but there is no better way for you to find out what the trouble is than to see your urologist who specializes in ED problems and their cure.

Good Luck!!

bigbadbrad
LGX 18 w/3 RT extenders 2/24/15 by DR.Edward Karpman in CA. ED caused by venous leakage for 10 years. Age 72. Home is Louisiana. Lost but regained by stretching, pumping. Now 7.25 x 5.75 and happy with results!!!

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I have a couple of comments as a former injection user. My doctor also skipped the doppler test with me based on his experience and my ability to get but not keep erections, especially when trying to enter a vagina. I was implanted 19 months ago, no doppler was ever done. As he told me, I could go through it, which is uncomfortable and costs money, only to find out I have the leak he suspects. Surgical correction at my age would be a shot in the dark, so he started me on the path of pills, then injections, and ultimately the implant.

Injecting is an art. One that my doctor did not understand. The pharmacist at the compounding pharmacy taught me the "secrets" involved. 1. After injecting, standing upright until ready to have sex will help keep the medication where it belongs, in the penis. 2. Using a constriction ring for injecting to hold the medication in the penis will raise its effectiveness.

I would slip the ring on and press on the prostate area to push a bit of blood in my penis to plump it just a bit so it was easier to stick. I would then inject and while standing, work the penis to distribute the medication throughout. I would start getting hard in about a minute. Usually my wife would help with the stimulation while I was standing. This generally produced a throbbing erection in about 5 minutes, at which I had to remove the ring because it hurt! Then the fun would commence. I hope this helps.
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

risefromtheashes

DOPPLER ULTRASOUND & VEINOUS LEAKS

Postby risefromtheashes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 pm

I want to give some advice to guys who think they might have a veinous leak and are considering the Doppler ultrasound. About 4 months ago I sustained a strange injury during intercourse. Here are the specifics, an abrupt loss of erection during intercourse, followed by diminished erections to the point where they almost stopped completely, a loss of sensation especially when flaccid, an “injured feeling” or occasional dull pain and some prickly sensations when erect(these occurred about 2 months after the event.) Immediately after the event went to my PCP who sent me to a urologist. I explained that I sustained an injury. But he kept telling me that it was part of getting older and that it was all in my head. This guy was useless, he didn’t listen at all – fast food urology at its best (or worse). He referred me to another uro. When I explained my situation to the second uro, he told me that he suspected a veinous leak right away. He gave almost no consideration to my biggest symptom, the loss of sensation. He ordered the Doppler ultrasound immediately. At the time of the test, I was visibly shaken, trembling and afraid of what my diagnosis might bring as well as being nervous about getting 2 shots in the penis. So with less than a one third erection I was given the DUS. Afterwards, this doc told me that my results were “consistent with a veinous leak.” I was devastated but I still felt like part of the story was missing. If I had a leak, then why was there such a loss of sensation? I had to find out the answer, I didn’t want to trust this diagnosis.
Then I found this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21569215
I drove to a nearby city and consulted with a doctor who only after I showed up, told me that there was nothing he could do for me. I asked him about the doppler ultrasound and he told me that its results meant nothing if the penis is not erect. So then I consulted a sexual health physician in yet another nearby city. Finally a doctor who actually listened to what I was telling him. He asked questions and took notes. This doctor also said that without an erection that the doppler’s results were questionable at best. He ordered another Doppler as well as an EMG to test nerve function in the lower half of the body. So I drove to a hospital in this nearby city to get these tests done. I spoke with the radiologist who was to perform the DUS. I told him about my recent experiences and what I was hoping to discover or not discover from getting the ultrasound. One of this radiologist’s staff said that this person was the best and most experienced person in my state to perform the Doppler ultrasound. During the test he was very thorough. He even had me stand & walk in place to see if this affected the readings. The second test results stated “negative penile ultrasound without evidence for arterial or veno-occlusive.” This interprets to normal blood flow and no leak. I was relieved. I was much more inclined to trust the 2nd test. It was done in a more thorough manner and I had a fuller erection. So after all this, I’m pretty sure that my injury was neurological in nature and even though I’m not out of the woods, I most likely do not have a leak. I will most probably be consulting a neurologist when I find the right one.
My erections seem to be improving even though I still lack sensation in my penis. Had I just went with the diagnosis from my first Doppler, I might have been consumed by depression and that would have destroyed any chance I have of getting erect. To anyone considering the DUS, read the study above. Ask questions. Seek out someone who is experienced doing this test. Above all, get additional opinions if you think necessary. The Doppler ultrasound is not an exact science. I believe that the study from the link above said that 45% of the time that the Doppler came back with inconsistent results. Be wary of some of these garden variety uros out there. Some of them have no business treating men’s sexual issues which can be very complicated. Trust your own gut instincts because no one knows you like you. I hope this was useful to someone out there. I wish more info had been available to me. If this story helps just one person out there then it was worth the time to write and read. Best wishes to all.

antelope

Postby antelope » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Rise,

Thanks so much for your post. This kind of first hand informaiton is why this site is so valuable. Thanks again.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “General Discussion”