ED: what to do?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Flavio

ED: what to do?

Postby Flavio » Fri May 21, 2010 4:54 am

ED is a multifactorial condition but whatever the cause of your problem may be, there are always two essential steps to be taken:

1) Consult a urologist

Only a doctor can determine the exact cause of your problem and prescribe you the right treatment. Self-medication is always a risk. Even if your problem is purely psychological (e.g. anxiety, depression), a urologist will be able to help you.

2) Do some research

Talk to doctors, read books, search the Internet. The more you know about these problems, the less stressful they will be.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: ED: what to do?

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 am

Flavio,
Really good words of advice - the starting point for any guy dealing with ED. Most of us guys hope we can fix it on their own - and then when we can't, it makes us feel even worse. Thanks for pointing out the place to start for any guy. Oh, and welcome! Thanks for the good posts.
Paul

Flavio

Re: ED: what to do?

Postby Flavio » Sun May 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks.

Number 2) is so important. Information is the first step towards a full recovery, I can't stress it enough.

I suffered from sexual performance anxiety for many years (coital anxiety) and never did anything about it. I knew nothing about ED and didn't see it as a medical problem. I simply thought that I wasn't good enough in bed. Well, I was wrong, of course. Anyone can (and should!) have a great sex life. Today I'm 33 y.o., my anxiety/depression issues are all in the past and I'm having the best sex of my life.

Return to “General Discussion”