DONE WITH ROAD TRIPS!!!

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
DaveKell

DONE WITH ROAD TRIPS!!!

Postby DaveKell » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Some of you may recall a previous post I made about a trip last month wy wife and I took in our new Ford Explorer of two weeks. We were headed to Michigan from Texas for the funeral of an uncle. While stopped on a highway in Illinois for construction traffic, a big pickup slammed into the back of us at 50 mph according to the state trooper who was there immediately because there was already another accident just behind us. Our car was totaled as was the car we were shoved into and the at fault driver's truck. The trooper said given the fact the guy never hit his brakes he was obviously rubbernecking the previous accident. We were taken by ambulance to a nearby ER and later released. I have a huge law firm pursuing this now since I was awaiting spinal fusion surgery for three broken vertebrae in my back and a dislocated disc in my neck and the accident severely aggravated those conditions.

Well, last night we got back from a week spent in a 3 story mansion on the ocean in Myrtle Beach, SC. A rich cousin rents it every year and wanted us to come and stay. We took our daughter and her two small kids, ages 2 and 4 along. This time we were driving a new Acadia Denali GMC we replaced the Explorer with. We had a rigid luggage carrier on the roof rails. The 2 year old began vomiting on the return trip and went most of the day with a dry diaper. We knew she was dehydrating so we stopped in Augusta, GA at a children's hospital for her to be seen. They said it was probably viral and gave us anti nausea meds for her. I had parked on the ground floor of the hospital parking garage. To get out of the garage required going up one level then back down a ramp. Soon as I turned the corner of the second level our luggage carrier was demolished on an overhead beam, scattering out luggage everywhere! It took me awhile to wrestle it off the car with no tools and the new Denali got a few scratches. We stuffed the luggage into every available remaining space in the car and went to a Walmart to buy another one. The only one they had required SOME assembly which we did out in the parking lot in the heat. Once loaded I said we were getting a hotel immediately so I could shower. It added a third day to out drive back home.

I love long road trips and am usually good for around 10 hours behind the wheel. I'm thinking from now we're flying anywhere we go!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Cajun Jeff

Re: DONE WITH ROAD TRIPS!!!

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Yep you got snake bit on that one!
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Dang, life manages to get in the way sometimes. Don't give up on road trips yet, way too many adventures are waiting for you.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you got all the bad crap out of the way now and all good things are ahead.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

drw1107

Postby drw1107 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:01 pm

That sounds terrible buddy. A road trip of mine (only from MO to KY) was a nightmare as well. Man in St. Louis jumped off a bridge onto the windshield of an 18 wheeler right in front of us, a gas tanker rolled over right in front of us, then we (of course) got lost going around that accident, then a tire blew out in the middle of nowhere IL, then we started doing circles in Louisville because all of their highways are constantly under construction! 6 hour drive turned into 12 hours! I feel you man.

Return to “General Discussion”