Finally trying Muse -- have a few questions!

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
wellick

Finally trying Muse -- have a few questions!

Postby wellick » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm trying the highest dosage 1000 mcg, but I think there's a high likelihood that I will experience severe pain with the dosage since I had a lot of pain the only time I tried Caverject.

What I'd like to know is: since I'm buying a 6 units package I'm afraid I'm gonna waste the other 5. If I just insert half of the stick in my urethra and apply it would that be equivalent to be using a 500 mcg stick?

I also would like to know how long does it last in the fridge. Thanks!
33 years old from Portugal.
Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) since 2012 (mostly ED but also some loss of sexual pleasure both during intercourse and ejaculation).

ED2013

Re: Finally trying Muse -- have a few questions!

Postby ED2013 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Use the whole stick. Unfortunately I’ve never heard of muse working for anyone, including myself. Let us know how it goes.

wellick

Postby wellick » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:12 pm

I'm gonna use the whole stick. But if the pain is too much I wanna try 500 mcg. But if I have to throw the 5 units left of 1000 mcg out and buy another one of 500 mcg I'll wast a LOT of money :(
Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) since 2012 (mostly ED but also some loss of sexual pleasure both during intercourse and ejaculation).

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:29 am

My doctors always gave me free samples of everything before he wrote prescriptions. Did you ask about that? I know costs have gone up so I am sure they are all cutting g back.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 am

Greg, Your a lucky one to get a try before you buy. My Dr did not give me a sample. I purchased a 6 pack and tossed 4 away.

I do not get a burn with Caverject but the Muse burned so bad that I could not take it.

It did nothing for ED but hurt like hell.

Good luck with you test run.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

wellick

Postby wellick » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Ok, so I tried it. I chickened out a bit and didn't insert the stick 100% in the urethra, more like 80%.
It didn't work and it gave me a headache for the rest of the day. The only positive thing is that it didn't hurt. I was expecting it to work honestly, since I can still get natural erections.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Wellick,

1000mcg is a hefty dose for MUSE -- especially for the first try. A responsible Doc would have started you on 250mcg sample... then a 500mcg ... then a 1000. Your Doc is either uninterested in helping you with MUSE or just stupid.

Anyways, you can easily divide up a MUSE pellet by dissolving it in a 1 ml syringe (take off the end and pop in the pellet .. then drawn in water -- any water -- to 1 ml). after that it will dissolve. You then need to find some kind of plastic injector to sploosh the liquid into your urethra. Do not under any circumstance use an actual syringe with needle to sploosh it in -- is just for dissolving. I have blunt-nosed plastic applicators from my TRIMIX GEL days to sploosh it in. They were made for such use. A blunt plastic eyedropper might work in a pinch...

And unlike with pellet .. you would have to hold your urethra closed with your fingers.. any lapse and the liquid escapes and you lose it all.

have fun.. also the water based MUSE won't burn -- a big plus

(Also cannot say why you would get a headache -- and why did you think 80% in would be different from 100% in? And you did actually click/pop the pellet out of the applicator yes?)

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “General Discussion”