I still don’t understand ED!

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
newtoed

I still don’t understand ED!

Postby newtoed » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:59 pm

I’ve never experienced ED until I was 43 and my wife divorced me. I was devastated and when I wanted to have sex with my new girlfriend after 1 year of hiatus I could not get any erection. During that year if I remember well couldn’t really get hard even when masturbated.

Pills worked great for a few rears but the radiation and surgery for my rectal cancer completed my ED.

I got and still do rock hard night erections but they go away as soon as I start masturbating or try sex. Feels like a curse: my mental libido is high, I love and enjoy women. But cannot get any erection even with pills only with injections.

I feel blessed that injections still work and I will get implants if I have to in the future. But I don’t understand why I got ED so suddenly after divorce: was it mental or just stress and age accumulated to give me ED? I read from many young men here who have “permanent” ED after just one negative sexual experience. Could performance anxiety be so serious?

Curious about your opinions...
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

Greg1956

Re: I still don’t understand ED!

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:45 pm

It all could also be coincidence. Your symptoms sound much like my symptoms caused by a Venous Leak. Many of us have developed VL’s at various ages, not knowing exactly what caused it.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 am

I've had some form of ED for a very long time. I'm 66 and been diabetic for over 30 years. ED got bad, then cancer took what little was left. Even trimix doesn't work for me. I get hard but can't stay hard for sex.

I don't often get morning wood, but it sometimes happens. Occasionally, it's rock hard and would be great for outstanding sex. I've immediately tried to do something with it and it goes away. I don't understand it either. But you're not alone.

You'd think that a dick that get hard while you're sleeping could still get hard while you're awake. It's made me wonder if my ED is all mental. I've done enough research and tried enough things to know the ED is real, and not just in my brain. But ED is insidious. It makes us doubt ourselves.

Clearly some ED is mental, and perhaps all ED has a mental component. But for most, I think, it's physical. I can't even get trimix to work anymore. And I have a great relationship that's lasted a long time. Performance anxiety plays a part and always has, but I've done enough testing and trying of everything under the sun and I'm convinced it's mainly physical. Even if I can get rare morning wood.

I'm wishing you the best. Accept yourself. Get joy whenever you can.

Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Quincy, I'm with you! It is a hard thing to understand. There is a lot going on in mind and body to get AND KEEP an erection. 15+ years ago I was having problems getting a hard erection, started with the pills, hated the side effects, then found injections, worked great and have been using them for 13+ years now. But over the past year, got a good erection which lasted through foreplay, then slowly at first, I would sometimes loose it when I would try for intercourse. As time went on I started to worry ahead of time that "it" would happen again. Sometimes it would, sometimes all would be fine. But as time went on, it would happen more and more to the point that I won't even try any more, and with only 5.5" it has to be rock hard to work, the frustration just killed me. The mind is a very powerful thing, and if for whatever reasson it isn't on board, there isn't much you can do about it. I tried upping the injected dose, even took some pills plus the injection all to no avail, so for the last 6 or 7 months we just settle for the vibrator for both of us. The vibrator does make both of us climax, but it is just not near as satisfying as intercourse. Therefore, I am REALLY looking forward to my implant in TWO WEEKS! This site has been a great help for me in knowing what to expect during and after the surgery, as well as all of the guys who have said that they "wish they had done it years ago". That gives me and my wife hope for our future in the sack. I will be posting pictures, which are also helpful, both before and after, as well as a run down on how it all goes, for those who aren't quite ready to make the decision, hope it helps.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 am

Many have said that our brain is biggest sex organ on our bodies. Over the years I have found that to be both a plus and a minus.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

graymare

Postby graymare » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:41 pm

I'd be interested in how many of us discovered we had ED after a divorce or a break-up in a relationship. Though mine has since been found to be due to venous leak, I didn't notice the issue back before my divorce. In looking back, I know the frequency of intercourse was very low back then, and due to our shared sex history, there was little to no fear of failure with my wife. They may not have been the world's greatest erections, but they sufficed.

After the divorce, there was a lot of "down" time, with all the possible meanings. I had no sex, no erections for a long time. And when the chance at intercourse finally happened again, the performance anxiety was palpable. And then I knew I had ED. My GP doctor was willing to give me sample meds without any examination as to why my performance was bad. Those worked sporadically. I finally saw a Urologist. Penile Doppler Ultrasound led to my diagnosis and now I inject Trimix.
Married, 66 yrs old, ED for 22 yrs. On TriMix for 5 yrs. Live in the Adirondacks of NY. Would be a nudist if it weren't for the black flies and the short summers. :D

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am

newtoed wrote:I’ve never experienced ED until I was 43 and my wife divorced me. I was devastated and when I wanted to have sex with my new girlfriend after 1 year of hiatus I could not get any erection. During that year if I remember well couldn’t really get hard even when masturbated.

Pills worked great for a few rears but the radiation and surgery for my rectal cancer completed my ED.

I got and still do rock hard night erections but they go away as soon as I start masturbating or try sex. Feels like a curse: my mental libido is high, I love and enjoy women. But cannot get any erection even with pills only with injections.

I feel blessed that injections still work and I will get implants if I have to in the future. But I don’t understand why I got ED so suddenly after divorce: was it mental or just stress and age accumulated to give me ED? I read from many young men here who have “permanent” ED after just one negative sexual experience. Could performance anxiety be so serious?

Curious about your opinions...

Was your ED the cause of your divorce? Is there others out there that had their relationship fail because of ED??

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”