Cavernosogram and Vein Embolisation Risks

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
johnross99

Cavernosogram and Vein Embolisation Risks

Postby johnross99 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 am

Hi,

I’ve had this type of surgery performed twice within a short time frame to try and remove a venous leak.

Can anyone help me understand the long term risks with having this type of surgery? I feel silly asking the question as the risks were relayed to me for the first surgery although the second time we were more aggressive with the treatment?

What happens to the blocking agent and steel coils over time? Are there any negative effects like experiencing discomfort and pain in the areas where the surgery happened?

Why does it eventually fail after a number of years? Is it because the coils/blocking agents are dislodged or fail to block the specific veins, or do new vein pathways grow around the blocked veins?

Can someone perform vigorous exercise like weight lifting, explosive exercises, and the like?

Can the coils ever become dislodged and embedded into another vital organ?

What if too many leaky veins or vein pathways are blocked?

Thanks,

John

pipedream333

Re: Cavernosogram and Vein Embolisation Risks

Postby pipedream333 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:54 am

*gentle bump*

Would having too much blood now trapped in the penis cause it to hang more as it's now more heavier? What are the risks with performing this surgery? How would they compare in risk to vein stripping surgery?

Hunchback

Re: Cavernosogram and Vein Embolisation Risks

Postby Hunchback » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:08 am

I am curious about this kind of treatments,if they are actually safe, considering they basically remove the use of certain veins. Bloodflow is essential for things to live, i wonder how this doesn't result in necrosis and other trouble related to lack of proper oxygenation, bloodflow etc.
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

Return to “General Discussion”