Chat Room Etiquette.

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Donnie1954

Chat Room Etiquette.

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:11 am

If you have visited a chat room recently, you know my passion for logging out. I have though of a few more. Anyone feel free to add.
1. Most important. Please log out if you leave the room. ;)
2. If someone requests a private chat but your in a chat. Please respond to their request with a simple. CL (chat later) and return to the room.
3. If you wish a private conversation (the best kind) with someone, wait until they are not in the general conversation. It's cool if they're the only one in the room. 8-) As anxious as you are for a private chat, let them finish their conversation.
4. If your in a private chat, please give that brother your complete attention. If possible, don't bounce in and out. :o Periods of silence in a private chat are very frustrating to your chat partner. :cry Usually private chat is for a private concern and sometimes just privacy. ;)
5. Remember, anything said or done in a private chat should remain confidential. Always.
Please feel free to comment or add to these suggestions.
Thank you my brothers,
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

NeedleD

Re: Chat Room Etiquette.

Postby NeedleD » Wed May 09, 2018 3:46 pm

My number 1 would be:

When you enter the room say Hi or something, don't just sit there Idle.
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 am

And always bear in mind that you have no idea at all what happens in someone's life. So, never, ever be offended if someone disappears from chat. There are a million reasons they go and none of them have to do with you! Phone call, emergency, power outage, computer died, the dog threw up, they forgot to pick up someone at the store, etc. If you become offended by someone's behavior in chat room, it is called "projecting" because you are making up a reality in your head about what is going on and projecting it onto the current situation. It is easy to feel as if you were dumped, but the fact is, you almost never were. Heck, I've fallen asleep at my computer! Always assume good-will unless they indicate otherwise. it will save you a lot of emotional energy if you let things go.
Paul

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:14 am

Will do,
It just pisses me off when I'm pouring my heart out to no one. I wish our program would auto log off after so many minutes of inactivity. They can always log back on. Great talking to you.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri May 11, 2018 11:11 am

Frank Talk Admin wrote:And always bear in mind that you have no idea at all what happens in someone's life. So, never, ever be offended if someone disappears from chat. There are a million reasons they go and none of them have to do with you! Phone call, emergency, power outage, computer died, the dog threw up, they forgot to pick up someone at the store, etc. If you become offended by someone's behavior in chat room, it is called "projecting" because you are making up a reality in your head about what is going on and projecting it onto the current situation. It is easy to feel as if you were dumped, but the fact is, you almost never were. Heck, I've fallen asleep at my computer! Always assume good-will unless they indicate otherwise. it will save you a lot of emotional energy if you let things go.
Paul

Thanks Paul.
Projecting is one of the easiest and most destructive things we can do so that our ego is proven to be correct in its self image. In most cases in life (not just a chat room) "it" really isn't about us, and when we assume or make it about us, the trouble begins. Just my two cents.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

manuppower

Postby manuppower » Fri May 11, 2018 12:29 pm

This has been one of the most encouraging post on etiquette. All these points have happened to all of us and we should be considerate to our brothers with ED and etc problems.
THANK FOR THE INSIGHT........................

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 am

Most Excellent advice...and most excellent reasoning.

Thank you all for bring this important info to all of our attentions. Life is stressful enough without projecting any more stress in a chat room!!
Thank you guys

Scott. ..ask Seeking info
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

ctcolantro

Postby ctcolantro » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:36 am

manuppower wrote:This has been one of the most encouraging post on etiquette. All these points have happened to all of us and we should be considerate to our brothers with ED and etc problems.
THANK FOR THE INSIGHT........................

Your Private chat reply is disabled, so no one can respond to your private chats.
Implanted 12/15/22. 44. AMS LGX 21+2 Shawn Blick in Phoenix. Happy to share my experiences with anyone who is interested.

Hunchback

Postby Hunchback » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:56 am

Back when i was a teenager, we used to spend our evenings/nights on IRC... So this is all basic online living to me ;)

Btw, what happened with the Discord room?
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:30 pm

Hunchback wrote:Back when i was a teenager, we used to spend our evenings/nights on IRC... So this is all basic online living to me ;)

Btw, what happened with the Discord room?

IDK but it was often idle

Return to “General Discussion”