Testosterone shots.

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
happycamper59

Re: Testosterone shots.

Postby happycamper59 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 pm

I used to get the shots to bring my T-level up to the normal range. But then the insurance stopped paying for them, so I stopped. I can't say I noticed much change, but perhaps my libido did go up with the shots.

So instead I started on a GNC Test./energy pack of vitamins. I noticed more energy from those. It cost slightly less than the monthly T-shots.

Then I read online that GNC lowered the essential vitamin dose in the packs. Sure enough, that was true. Don't know why they would do that.

For the past year or so, I have been buying the essential vitamins separately, and at a lower overall cost than the GNC packs, and making sure I get the adequate doses. My last checkup with my primary doctor, my T-level was back up in the normal range, although my uro scoffed at the idea that the vitamins would help with T-level. The proof, they say, is in the pudding!

I take 1,000 mg l'Arginine (2 caps), 500 to 1,000 mg Maca (1-2 caps), 450 mg Saw Palmetto (1 cap) and a male multivitamin every morning. The L'Arginine is for your heart and blood flow. The Maca is for your hormones and sex drive, good for male and female. The Saw Palmetto is for your prostate health.

Am I missing something? Please suggest. Otherwise, it seems to do the trick. Along with, of course, Trimix! :D

I am trying to get the Mrs. to take the Maca, so her libido returns.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

Mustang64

Postby Mustang64 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:19 pm

I have been on Testosterone Cypionate shots weekly for almost 10 years. Everything works great.
Contrary to what's been posted, i do NOT have to go to the doctor to get my shots. We tried gel, and whatever else (they seem to do that at first) and none of the brands/types worked well for me. My levels actually went down while on the gel.
I got my first shot at the doctor's office and an rx for the needles, syringes and test right then. Filled them, and aside from the minor chore of having to give myself a shot once a week, it's no big deal.

If anyone has specific questions i'm happy to answer them.
Married 25+ years. Have had lots of urological procedures. Trimix made me ache, and bimix seems awesome. Castrated but on Test Cyp 260mg/week. Usually naked but kilted if not. Ask me anything.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am

Mustang64 wrote:Contrary to what's been posted, i do NOT have to go to the doctor to get my shots... I got my first shot at the doctor's office and an rx for the needles, syringes and test right then. Filled them, and aside from the minor chore of having to give myself a shot once a week, it's no big deal.

I'm not sensing that self-injecting is any less common or "contrary" to the norm among the group. Perhaps I'm missing it, but I get the feeling that most of us on an injectable form of testosterone are doing it ourselves, or have a partner or spouse do it for us.

Like most, I think,my initial shots were done by my doctor or his nurse. Very soon after, I saved a trip to the doctor's office and had a good friend's son give me my shot twice a month. He was well into getting his nursing degree so it helped us both out. I'd give him $20 each time.

Then soon yet again, I just started doing my own shot. Now I do both mine and my husband's. I had been taught to self-inject years before for an entirely different issue and medication. It may take a couple moments to gear yourself up at first, but it gets easier and easier each time.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm

grandhaven wrote:I used to get the shots to bring my T-level up to the normal range. But then the insurance stopped paying for them, so I stopped. I can't say I noticed much change, but perhaps my libido did go up with the shots.

So instead I started on a GNC Test./energy pack of vitamins. I noticed more energy from those. It cost slightly less than the monthly T-shots...

Am I missing something? Please suggest. Otherwise, it seems to do the trick.

Grandhaven, for me, the two most telling things you said are "the proof is in the pudding" and "it seems to do the trick!" You're feeling good. That's great! Plus, your labs are showing you're back in the normal testosterone range. Can't ask for more than all this. I am genuinely thrilled for you and am glad you found something that works to your satisfaction!

Just a couple things come to mind whenever I hear "GNC" and "testosterone" mentioned in the same breath. And I'm not knocking GNC product(s). What I DO have a problem with us their labelling and perhaps their misleading advertising.

I knew this was the case a few years ago, so I looked at some of their products again just now to see if they're still doing it... and they are.

Whenever referring to testosterone, GNC uses phrases such as "SUPPORTS" testosterone, or testosterone "BOOSTER". The following is copied and pasted directly from their website (with just some bold-highlighting done by me). This is one of their Product Information Labels:

PRODUCT INFORMATION
Description
- Testosterone & Sexual Health SUPPORT
- SUPPORTS healthy testosterone & DHEA levels that decline with age*
- Clinically shown to improve sexual health and blood flow*
- Fuels lean muscle mass*
- Contains clinically studied ingredients and additional key nutrients to SUPPORT healthy testosterone and DHEA levels, and sexual health.*
- Testosterone, Hormone & Sexual Health SUPPORT
- Combines fenugreek seed extract with DHEA, A PRECURSOR TO TESTOSTERONE, and saw palmetto, which SUPPORTS normal prostate function and healthy urinary flow.* As men age, testosterone levels gradually decline. Healthy testosterone levels help maintain sex drive, sperm production, muscle strength and mass and bone density.
- Lean Muscle SUPPORT
- Includes leucine to help fuel the growth and repair of skeletal muscles and betaine, which SUPPORTS normal cell growth, as well as a healthy cardiovascular system and liver health.*
- Circulatory Pump SUPPORT
- Features clinically studied resVida® Resveratrol to enhance blood vessel dilation and protect against free radicals that can promote cell aging.*
- Energy & Metabolism SUPPORT
- Contains ginseng, which is traditionally used to SUPPORT vitality and overall well-being, and includes key B vitamins and copper to SUPPORT energy production and metabolism.*

http://www.gnc.com/mens-vitality/713512.html

And the product name on the front of the bottle:

GNC MEN'S HEALTHY TESTOSTERONE

Not "Testosterone Support" or "Testosterone Booster" or even "A Precursor to Testosterone" ...

They simply label it TESTOSTERONE.

No, wait! They go even better and call it HEALTHY TESTOSTERONE!

(Wow... Not even my vial of Testosterone Cypionate for injection says "HEALTHY" anywhere in it!)

I have a problem with that. Sure, we Frank Talk members know that testosterone can't simply be sold over-the-counter. And I seem to recall at one time I hearing the reasons why oral forms of testosterone aren't available. But GNC is preying on some less-savvy guys... perhaps high school football jocks who think they can bulk up on "GNC TESTOSTERONE" for $49.99 month...

Or, maybe they sucked in guys who see the "trigger phrases" that GNC throws in just to hint at some of the legitimate underlying issues many of us deal with:

- Sexual Health Support
- levels that decline with age
- improve sexual health and blood flow
- normal prostate function
- healthy urinary flow

But, I also don't want to be hasty here. Let's not overlook the Resveratrol listed in this GNC MEN'S HEALTHY TESTOSTERONE:

"Resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a stilbenoid, a type of natural phenol, and a phytoalexin produced by several plants in response to injury or, when the plant is under attack by pathogens such as bacteria or fungi. Sources of resveratrol in food include the skin of grapes, blueberries, raspberries, mulberries."

"Although it is used as a dietary supplement, there is no good evidence that consuming resveratrol affects life expectancy or human health."

"There is no evidence of benefit from resveratrol in those who already have heart disease. A 2014 Chinese meta-analysis found weak evidence that high-dose resveratrol supplementation could reduce systolic blood pressure."

"As of 2016, there is no evidence of an effect of resveratrol on cancer in humans."

"There is no conclusive evidence for an effect of resveratrol on human metabolism. Animal studies indicate that resveratrol induces metabolic adaptations in mice associated with an 'exercise-trained' state (i.e., higher physical fitness), but clinical studies have found that these effects do not occur in humans."

I won't waste anymore time touting the merits of Resveratrol in any GNC products. There aren't any.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol Regimen

When I started writing this reply, I honestly wasn't knocking GNC or any of its products. I simply knew of some of their "questionable" practices in the past. Now, I don't know how they get away with some of what they do. This area of "nutritional supplements" is so unregulated. And testosterone doesn't even fall under that heading. But from what I'm seeing, GNC has found a loophole that allows them to appear as if they're peddling testosterone in a multivitamin! A few centuries ago we had a name for this... It was called Snake Oil.

Some of this might help explain why you felt your libido increase from the injections, Grandhaven, but not from your current GNC product. There's plenty of SUPPORT in that GNC bottle... just no testosterone.

happycamper59

Postby happycamper59 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:51 pm

All that may be true, but I no longer buy the GNC packs. I put together my own "pack" of vitamins (listed above). And I had a good check-up this year with T-levels in the "normal" range. Putting 2+2 together, I am assuming my vitamins did the trick.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:38 am

grandhaven wrote:All that may be true, but I no longer buy the GNC packs. I put together my own "pack" of vitamins (listed above). And I had a good check-up this year with T-levels in the "normal" range. Putting 2+2 together, I am assuming my vitamins did the trick.

May very well be, Grandhaven. What matters most is how you feel... that your current regimen is working. Don't rule out the placebo effect either.

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi guys. Keep in mind some of us have been on testosterone therapy for many years. And because of that we don't produce enough or any at all of your own testosterone. The vitamins helps with everything else, energy, brain fog and so on but can't do much with the testosterone if it is to low or missing all together. Unfortunately for me I'll be on testosterone therapy for life. Hopefully there is something on the horizon were things change. For those of you that the vitamins worked and put you back in the normal range count your blessings. On top of that I'm a little jealous. A lot of us would love to get rid of the needles.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am

I just started the gel two weeks ago so far nothing but maybe some of you guys can tell us how much and what type seems there are lots of injectable T and all have different names....
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Fri May 25, 2018 2:46 pm

grandhaven wrote:I used to get the shots to bring my T-level up to the normal range. But then the insurance stopped paying for them, so I stopped. I can't say I noticed much change, but perhaps my libido did go up with the shots.

So instead I started on a GNC Test./energy pack of vitamins. I noticed more energy from those. It cost slightly less than the monthly T-shots.

Then I read online that GNC lowered the essential vitamin dose in the packs. Sure enough, that was true. Don't know why they would do that.

For the past year or so, I have been buying the essential vitamins separately, and at a lower overall cost than the GNC packs, and making sure I get the adequate doses. My last checkup with my primary doctor, my T-level was back up in the normal range, although my uro scoffed at the idea that the vitamins would help with T-level. The proof, they say, is in the pudding!

I take 1,000 mg l'Arginine (2 caps), 500 to 1,000 mg Maca (1-2 caps), 450 mg Saw Palmetto (1 cap) and a male multivitamin every morning. The L'Arginine is for your heart and blood flow. The Maca is for your hormones and sex drive, good for male and female. The Saw Palmetto is for your prostate health.

Am I missing something? Please suggest. Otherwise, it seems to do the trick. Along with, of course, Trimix! :D

I am trying to get the Mrs. to take the Maca, so her libido returns.

If you believe in suppliments, you might want to check out the products @

Infowarsstore.com

Such as "Super Male Vitality" and others.

Might be an option over GNC.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Robert51 wrote:I just started the gel two weeks ago so far nothing but maybe some of you guys can tell us how much and what type seems there are lots of injectable T and all have different names....

Deltestryl 2.5cc every 3 weeks.... I went from not giving a shit if I ever got laid again to I want it every day but will settle for every other day... I love this shit. Tried Androgel with NO EFFECT at all.

Larry

Return to “General Discussion”