Flomax issues

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
wgs743

Flomax issues

Postby wgs743 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:55 am

My Uro put me on Flomax 10 days ago to reduce night-time trips to urinate and sudden urges to pee during the day.
The first time I had sex, orgasm was weak. Second time it took forever to ejaculate and nothing seemed to come out. Only 2 trips to bathroom last night and no sudden urges. Masturbated this morning and again long time and no cum came out (retrograde ejaculation?). In doing search on Flomax, I found this is common side effect. I am going to try again in few days and not take Flomax the night before to see what happens.
What have others done in this situation? Trimix is working great and I do Not want to give up on sex.

tomas1

Re: Flomax issues

Postby tomas1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:40 pm

I usually don't bother to see if anything comes out during sex, but sometimes I know it did.
I have to take 2 Tamsulosins a day a day to keep from shitting myself when I pee.
Sorry I can't spell it.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:16 am

All...interesting observations! I am on 1 Tamsulosin HCl 0.4 mg cap/ day and have also found on occasion that, I too, ejaculate little to no liquid. Orgasm, for sure but cum not so much. I reread the side effects on the Rite Aid pamphlet and there, on the first line, it says "or ejaculations problems may occur". They don't define 'problems' but with y'alls discussion it seems likely. I might try an experiment and go off my med for a few days, refrain from masturbating for that length of time, and then have another go with some internet assistance. My peeing problem isn't as severe as others so I think the risk may justify the reward. Oh, yeah, my implant surgeon said that I was to up the dosage to 2 caps/ day for a week before my 11/1 procedure date. Probably wants everything down there as relaxed as possible before the big day.

Enjoy the week,
Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

wgs743

Postby wgs743 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:39 pm

It is not having semen come out that bothers me. I am used to having great orgasms. I hardly feel a thing with Flomax.
Last night I did not take a Flomax pill. Sex is back to normal today. So, has anyone done this skipping a pill routine to get good sex the next day successfully? Does anyone know of a downside to this idea?

Return to “General Discussion”