nearly 16 weeks post op.

Most times, ED is ED. But sometimes, concerns are going to be different.
tampagay

nearly 16 weeks post op.

Postby tampagay » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 am

I have had my implant since 6/2/2015. It is a Titan Touch, 18 cm cylinders, 1 cm tips, 90 cc of fluid in the reservoir. Before my RP I was 6.75 " measured by pressing ruler against pubic bone as hard as I could to tip of glans. After nearly six years of impotence, the implanted version of me is 5 " give or take when erect.m I lost nearly 2 inches or almost 30%. I gained quite a bit of girth, never measured it prior, but I am now about the width of a 221 g (7.8 oz) tube of Crest toothpaste. I gave myself 2 months to heal but some complications in healing and the end of a brief period of dating, delayed activity another month. Being able to top again is significant as my loss of function contributed greatly to the end of a 20 year relationship 18 months ago. I have had encounters with 3 men in the last few weeks for a total of 7 encounters. Basically I have either lost my skills at being a top after nearly 6 years or the length, but staying inserted is difficult at best. With 5" from the pubic bone to the tip of the glans that means about 4 usable inches in my case.
I don't regret getting the implant one bit. I do regret that I waited so long to do something about my impotence. One thing I want to make absolutely clear. I did not lose length due to my implant. I am at my pre stretched, pre-implant length. What I lost was pre impotence length.
To say I am disappointed wouldn't be a lie but it also isn't the whole truth. It has opened up things I had not been able to do in years, like receive oral, masturbation, and yes topping with its difficulties. I had just hoped for a bit more. You can't go home again. One thing I know I need to do is lose some weight which will give back some of the length hiding beneath the fat in my pubic area. I was own a couple of different meds over a 6 year period and not only did I gain 80 lbs, I wound up with an involuntary tremor which has not gone away after being off those drugs for two years. I had lost 35 of the 80 but have gained 10 back during the time I was down for surgery this year. I was exercising regularly prior to the triple hernia, right hand carpal tunnel, left hand carpal tunnel, and implant surgery this year. I finally got on the exercise bike a few times last week and I am going back to my diet. We'll see how well I do.
To those of you suffering from impotence like I had. Don't waist your time on pills, injections or vacuum pumps. I tried them all and none of them worked. I don't mean they worked sometimes, I mean none of them gave me an erection period. With the implant I am rock hard and unlike my natural self, there is something about my skin moving against the implant while outside contact with my shaft stimulates the nerves from the other side for some really pleasureable sensations that are either being rediscovered, or were never there. Who cares, I like them.
I have another appointment in 10 days for a follow up. I'll let you know the doc's prognosis for moving forward.

rglassva

Re: nearly 16 weeks post op.

Postby rglassva » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:03 pm

tampa - thanks for posting this. . . .appreciate the insight. Sounds like you've had a lot to deal with recently, not just the implant - hope things continue to improve for you in all areas. Keep us posted.
Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

tampagay

Postby tampagay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:50 pm

So I saw the doc again for the previously mentioned followup and was asked a few questions, partially inflated and then deflated and pronounced good to go. LOL as if I didn't know that already. I am continuing to be active and I am discovering that one can truly be out of practice. I suppose to some extent it's like riding a bike after many years. There's some initial shakiness but you eventually get your balance and skills back. The reason I think this is the comments from my partners have been unusually good. Mind you I am not the world's greatest lover, just a horny older man who's building his confidence. Also since the last post I measured myself again this morning and I've gained another 0.25 inches.

The doc mentioned that his group at the University and two other institutions (sorry I don't remember which ones) were doing formal studies and they were finding that mean who inflated themselves fully for at least an hour a day did regain some length that had been lost. He didn't offer any numbers. I told him I had been doing this as he suggested and on most nights inflating myself before sleep and not deflating until I wake up during the night. It is typical for me to wake to find a pillow or adjust the covers. When that happens I deflate and go back to sleep. He assured me that if I continued the daily exercise that next year I should return to be evaluated for a refit which he said would need to be larger based on his experience.

So I have gone from severe depression, a breakup after 20 years, to hope that an implant would help, to being cruelling blown off by Dr. Timothy Weber regarding questions about length, to frustration of dealing with a very busy doctor, to the shock of bruising and swelling from surgery, to WTF did I do to myself, to the healing process, to the back slide with the stitches getting infected, (#@$%#! dissolving sutures) to recovery and healing.

Sex the first time was an unmitigated disaster as the partner was not an active participant and just wanted to lie there. The next time I was more up front with my partner and it was a lot better and each time it has just gotten better. The partner I have slept with most frequently is quite a bit younger and less experienced, but let me tell you, when your partner says "On a conservative scale of 1-10 that was an 11 followed by a how do you manage to make it better each time is the best head trip one can get. Yep he's probably just blowing smoke up my backside but it made me feel good.

I am a very open person and I hold back little. I feel there may be some of you who have questions but might be too uncomfortable to ask questions on a public forum. PM me here where the response is going to be spotty or email me at tpagay58 at that very popular google email site.

Happy Hunting

tampagay

7 months post op today

Postby tampagay » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:53 am

My advice. Quit thinking about it. Find a doc who does a lot of implants and make an appointment. Get the implant. Take time to heal. Become whole again.

Life without sex for five years was horrible. Learn from me. It gets A LOT better when you can be physical with your partner.

Rafael Carrion at USF in Tampa is an awesome surgeon. His bedside manner needs a bit of work at times, but his work is top notch.

Happy New Year to all.

tpagay58 at gmail dot com

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi tampagay,

Are you now happy with your size? Any further increases?

Thanks
M
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:57 am

tampagay wrote:So I saw the doc again for the previously mentioned followup and was asked a few questions, partially inflated and then deflated and pronounced good to go. LOL as if I didn't know that already. I am continuing to be active and I am discovering that one can truly be out of practice. I suppose to some extent it's like riding a bike after many years. There's some initial shakiness but you eventually get your balance and skills back. The reason I think this is the comments from my partners have been unusually good. Mind you I am not the world's greatest lover, just a horny older man who's building his confidence. Also since the last post I measured myself again this morning and I've gained another 0.25 inches.

The doc mentioned that his group at the University and two other institutions (sorry I don't remember which ones) were doing formal studies and they were finding that mean who inflated themselves fully for at least an hour a day did regain some length that had been lost. He didn't offer any numbers. I told him I had been doing this as he suggested and on most nights inflating myself before sleep and not deflating until I wake up during the night. It is typical for me to wake to find a pillow or adjust the covers. When that happens I deflate and go back to sleep. He assured me that if I continued the daily exercise that next year I should return to be evaluated for a refit which he said would need to be larger based on his experience.

So I have gone from severe depression, a breakup after 20 years, to hope that an implant would help, to being cruelling blown off by Dr. Timothy Weber regarding questions about length, to frustration of dealing with a very busy doctor, to the shock of bruising and swelling from surgery, to WTF did I do to myself, to the healing process, to the back slide with the stitches getting infected, (#@$%#! dissolving sutures) to recovery and healing.

Sex the first time was an unmitigated disaster as the partner was not an active participant and just wanted to lie there. The next time I was more up front with my partner and it was a lot better and each time it has just gotten better. The partner I have slept with most frequently is quite a bit younger and less experienced, but let me tell you, when your partner says "On a conservative scale of 1-10 that was an 11 followed by a how do you manage to make it better each time is the best head trip one can get. Yep he's probably just blowing smoke up my backside but it made me feel good.

I am a very open person and I hold back little. I feel there may be some of you who have questions but might be too uncomfortable to ask questions on a public forum. PM me here where the response is going to be spotty or email me at tpagay58 at that very popular google email site.

Happy Hunting

Anybody that would end a 20 year relationship over lack of sex, especially that wasn't your fault, isn't worth the effort that it takes to make a relationship great. Fuck him... you move on and find REAL love that isn't born in his crotch.

Return to “ED and Gay men”