Venous leak: some information

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Depressed

Venous leak: some information

Postby Depressed » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi guys,

I'm 30 and venous leak has been eating me alive since age 22. Since the begin of this sh*t I have been researching a lot. At age of 25 I've managed to get a job in a pharmaceutical company and could read some dossiers about venous leak. Well, the problem of doctors is that they are unaware of it. This illnes exists.

Some important information:

1 when you think you suffer from venous leak the first thing to do is to go to doctor and see if you have a varicocele. The doctor can provide a diagnosis with Valsalva maneuver ad even better with scrotal ultrasound.

2 if you don't have varicocele (or even if you have it) look at the veins on your leg (especially those behind the knee or in the internal side of your feet). Probably you will notice varicous veins, or blue veins, or a lot of superficial violet capillars (this is not the rule, but there is a good probability you have them if you are suffering from venous leak)

3 you could also develop (maybe later in time) Hemorrhoids

4 look at the legs of your mother (or father) and those of your grandparents. If you have venous leak, surely one of them suffers from varicose veins.

Why do you have to check for this signs? Because venous leak is not just an illnes of the penis, venous leak is a general venogenic disorder of the body. There are really few doctors who can do this association. The vast majority of them says: "you are too young, it's all in your head". Bullsh*t.

Well, why do I say that it is a general venogenic disorder of the body: according to the dossiers I've read there is a general "genetic" problem in patient with venous leak. Normally patients with venous leak develop this problem when they are 20 years old (some patients are born with venous leak mostly because of defective valves, some develop it when they are 30). But why the vast majority develops it at 20-22? Because that's the point in time when your body stops producing elastin and you have to live your entire life with the reservoir of elastin you have produced until 20 years old (Elastin is a highly elastic protein in connective tissue and allows many tissues in the body to resume their shape after stretching or contracting). When you have venogenic disease the elastin in the veins starts to be destroyed and replaced with collagen (that is less elastic). This is like a sort of accelerating ageing. Some studies shows that transforming growth factor-B plays an important role in this damaging process of veins wall. Bad news is that elastin is of vital importance for the tunica albuginea. As venogenic patients have a general "elastin-collagen building disorder" the tunica albuginea will be attacked too. I'm not talking about peyronies plaque or so on. The less elastic tunica albuginea will suffer from subluxation and floppiness, and is going to have difficulties in compressing the sub-tunical and emissary veins of the penis. Moreover these veins are already altered in their structure because of the general venogenic disease.

But please do not misinterpret what I am saying: the cause of venous leak are not simply the veins, the cause of venous leak is a fibrotic degeneration of the erectile tissue caused by the genetic disorder in the construction of connective tissue. The fibrotic degeneration (i.e. Deterioration of elastine and susbtitution/repair with fibrotic tissue) can take place everywhere in the penis: in the tunica albuginea, in the intracavernous septum, in the intracavernous pillars or in the whole corpora cavernosa. The results is an erectile tissue that is less elastic and is no more able to activate the veno-occlusive mechanism, which consists in engorgement of the corpora cavernosa that press the subtunical venous plexus against the tunica albuginea and the tunica itself expands and closes the emissary veins (whic come out from the subtunical venous plexus and go out through holes in the tunica). The work of elastic corpora cavernosa and elastic tunica albuginea together provide the perfect veno-occlusion, which generate that pression in the penis which keep it rigid. Unfortunately, when the fibrotic degeneration is in the first phase, usually it is not detectable through a penile doppler ultrasound, because the changes in the tissue are MICRO changes. In fact, if you whatch videos of penile implant surgeries (for example those of Dr. Kramer), some patients show surprisingly plaques and scars in their corpora only once the corpora are open and the surgeon tries to dilate them.Only in the aggressive phase of the degeneration the fibrosis is shown in a doppler ultrasound. Therefore, what I wanted to explain is that venogenic patients (with varicocele, varicous veins etc.) have a higher probability of developping this degeneration at youn age.

In Peyronyie's disease occurs something similar in the tunica albuginea, but instead of subluxation and floppiness we can assist to the building of scar tissue/scar nodules in the tunica albuginea, which cause the penis to bend. Anyway scar tissue, or subluxation, or floppiness of the tunica have the same results: non-compliance of the tunica albuginea that causes venous leak.

What is the solution? The only available definitive solution today is the penile implant. A future solution could probably come out from gene therapy, that should stop and reverse this "elastin-collagen building disorder".

I hope it was useful.

Regards
Last edited by Depressed on Wed May 27, 2020 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

rocco84

Re: Venous leak: some information

Postby rocco84 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi I have a CT Cavernsonographie, my doc says it s a venous leakage but I don`t know if he was just saying it because of selling an OP. Can anyone look at my CT and maybe say me if it is one??? Know it s to late and I made this surgeon but I thought that it wasnt a venous leak and he just want to sell a surgeon....

If anyone is interested I will send the CT Caversonographie by private message

Thx!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:38 am

Interesting.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

hypogonadal

Postby hypogonadal » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:02 am

rocco84 wrote:Hi I have a CT Cavernsonographie, my doc says it s a venous leakage but I don`t know if he was just saying it because of selling an OP. Can anyone look at my CT and maybe say me if it is one??? Know it s to late and I made this surgeon but I thought that it wasnt a venous leak and he just want to sell a surgeon....

Thx!

It's the first time I heard that theory.

It's important to remember that venous leak has multiple causes and more then one definition.

The original poster mentions an actual condition in which venous leak is related to veins.

Other causes of venous leak, such as mine, are probably do to hormonol imbalances, aka hypogonadism or hypothyroidism.

Since it's not clear medically, anythign is worse checking out. Check yourself out with a cardiologist if need be.

Myself, the only one who has been able to help me (I developed ed around 16 years which lasted forever) has been a urologist.
31 Years old. ED since I was 15/16. Diagnosed with hypogonadism/venous leak at 31. On Clomid/Arimidex mix for HRT. Cured for a week then it stopped. In process to find a solution. Lifelong nightmare but I waited a decade + to get help.

Depressed

Postby Depressed » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:18 am

hypogonadal wrote:
rocco84 wrote:Hi I have a CT Cavernsonographie, my doc says it s a venous leakage but I don`t know if he was just saying it because of selling an OP. Can anyone look at my CT and maybe say me if it is one??? Know it s to late and I made this surgeon but I thought that it wasnt a venous leak and he just want to sell a surgeon....

Thx!

It's the first time I heard that theory.

It's important to remember that venous leak has multiple causes and more then one definition.

The original poster mentions an actual condition in which venous leak is related to veins.

Other causes of venous leak, such as mine, are probably do to hormonol imbalances, aka hypogonadism or hypothyroidism.

Since it's not clear medically, anythign is worse checking out. Check yourself out with a cardiologist if need be.

Myself, the only one who has been able to help me (I developed ed around 16 years which lasted forever) has been a urologist.

Hi hypogonadal,
you are right, venous leak has multiple forms and could be also due to hormonal imbalances as in your case. I was talking about the common venous leak among young people. In my post I do not relate the venous leak directly to veins. General venogenic insufficiency or disorder is just a sign of the true illnes, that is the genetic "elastin-collagen building disorder" and hormonal imbalance plays also a role in this disorder (testosterone plays a great role, actually venous insufficiency is more common in women, who has low testosterone levels compared to men. Testosterone received during the 9 months of pregnancy, when a baby is in the mothers belly, is also important. This testosterone can only be received from the mother, and normally women who have a strong venogenic disorder have low testosterone levels compared to women who do not have venogenic disorder).
Venous leak has several causes, but if you cannot mantain an erection (or blood flows into the penis but the penis isn't hard enough to have sex) and at least 1 of the 4 signs I've mentioned in my original posts is present, then there is a probability of 99% that you have venous leak.

Regards
33 years old. Venous leak started at 21. Considering an implant.

Funny9097

Postby Funny9097 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:18 pm

Dam - I have something like this and I'm thoroughly believing that the only solution now is a penile implant

Also, couldn't help but notice that you mention varicose veins, and I have some varicocele

retexan599

Postby retexan599 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:23 pm

My personal solution is a cock ring. I use the Encore Impo-Aid vacuum pump with their silicon rubber cock rings. Cock rings have been discussed elsewhere on the forum, with a variety of experiences. Works for me.
Age 86, divorced, single.
Prostate seed implant radiation (brachytherapy) 1999.
Like a ship without sailors: 'No seaman'. ;)
No implant.
Use electric Encore Impo-Aid vacuum system. #4 & 5 size cock rings.
Generic water based lube.

Trust-Jesus

Postby Trust-Jesus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 am

Thank you depressed for the important info
I was wondering ; why they cannot just find a radical solution for this VL nightmare till now ???????

I mean medicines and science were able to make miracles during the last decade . Why they are unable to solve this problem with such huge number of patients every were ??????!!!!!

Sometimes it makes me feel like they don't want as they gain fortunes from penile implants and from selling this huge amount of pills .....

They don't focus on the origin of the issue . They are only dealing with its symptoms .....

Why there is no real remedy till now ?? Why there idle no more researches regarding non invasive methods like. Low shock wave ??? Just why ????

There is something wrong !
39 years old married since 2007. I will keep fighting against my ED . I believe I can reverse it. Just pray for me. 8-)

naginati

Postby naginati » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Last edited by naginati on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:29 pm

naginati wrote:Men's health has always been negelected.

I also use a cockring, albeit an very tight one, to combat leakage. It does work, it's the only thing that has.
I got it from jelqing......idiot I know.

Geez, I am really glad I had never heard of jelqing until I got here and heard how much damage it had done... I may have done it too.

Larry

Return to “Young members”