Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
venousleak1990born

Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Postby venousleak1990born » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Veins allow blood flow through the penis. A leak in the closure causes an insufficient erection. In a healthy male, the veins close up almost completely during an erection, which means that there is almost no blood flow from the penis. Blood that flows through the arteries is trapped in the erectile tissue of the penis, which in turn leads to increase in pressure inside the penis. The penis expands to its normal length and rigidity. Venous impotence is very common and is estimated to be the cause in 30 - 70% cases of impotence.

Sclerotherapy;
Penile sclerotherapy describes a special procedure that I developed further together with Dr. Gozzi and the colleagues listed below.

The most common reason for an erectile dysfunction is an insufficient closure, that doesn't prevent blood from leaving the penis. This means too much blood flows from the penis, leading to an insufficient or only brief erection.

A minor surgical procedure, that lasts approximately 20 minutes and is done under local anesthesia, may reduce blood flow from the penis, resulting in the ability to have a normal erection.

The first step of the surgery is locating the main vein of the penis through a 1.5 to 2 cm long incision.

A cannula is inserted into the vein and an x-ray shows the vein in the pelvis.

Medicine is injected into the vein, causing it to shrink in diameter.

The two x-rays are an example to demonstrate the situation before and after sclerotherapy.

During the time of observation after the surgery, the success rate was 63% (which means intercourse without additional medication or aid). Another 14% of the cases showed a lesser requirement of medicine and therefore at least a partial success. The IIEF-score (International Index of Erectile Function Questionnaire) increased from 38 to 72%. If and when this procedure is an option for a patient depends on the form and severity of the erectile dysfunction. I'll be glad to do an appropriate consultation and examination during my consultation hours.
R. Herwig, M Margreiter, F.Kuehhas
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

wolfpacker

Re: Dr. Ralf Herwig claims that he cures Venous Leak

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Interesting! I would love to talk to one of his patients who has had the procedure.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:25 pm

you can reach the doctor from this emal info@dr-herwig.com
I am from Türkiye.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 pm

his website is in German... have you talked to him?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:46 pm

I also found that the London Andrology Institute does sclerotherapy as well. I sent them and Dr Herwig an email.

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Does London Andrology Institute doing sclerotherapy for ED? Sclerotherapy is a method to cure varicesol veins on legs. I wonder if anyone else, other than Dr.Herwig using thi method to cure venous leak.
I am from Türkiye.

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi All,

I found your thread just doing what I do occasionally which is look for new treatments for a venous leak that I have had for over 20 years! I had venous ligation surgery back in 1997 which didn't really change a lot, therefore I have relied on PD5 drugs particularly in the last 4 years which the main have provided a good outcome, however I'm finding now I'm in my 40's that I go through short episodes where they don't work that well.

I live in the UK and I'm under one of the UK's most prominent uro's at the Leicester General and I know If I pushed it I could have an implant as after pills and injections that all they offer, however I'm not that old and realise that once its in there's no going back so based on your guys really interesting thread I contacted the International Andrology Institute in London by email to see if Sclerothreapy could be an option? Telling them all what I have put on this thread they came straight back and said yes it is an option for Venous leak but I would need to under go an ultrasound so they could assess how good a candidate I would be based on the amount of venous leak present. Feeling really encouraged I'm going to book an appointment within the next few weeks and if deemed suitable would pay the £2.5k for the operation which only takes 20mins under a local anaesthetic. My view is if the opp improves my current situation by 40/50% even if I still have to take pills then this would be a very good result. If I'm not deemed suitable then I think I would be pleased that I'd fully explored this option and would feel more comfortable about going for the implant surgery.

For note this is a relatively old surgery technique but has recently been improved upon by Dr Herwig and Dr F Kuehhas who out of interest works with both Dr Herwig in Germany and with International Andrology team in London.

Good luck and I will keep you all posted.

Gollam
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 pm

gollam121 wrote:Hi All,

I found your thread just doing what I do occasionally which is look for new treatments for a venous leak that I have had for over 20 years! I had venous ligation surgery back in 1997 which didn't really change a lot, therefore I have relied on PD5 drugs particularly in the last 4 years which the main have provided a good outcome, however I'm finding now I'm in my 40's that I go through short episodes where they don't work that well.

I live in the UK and I'm under one of the UK's most prominent uro's at the Leicester General and I know If I pushed it I could have an implant as after pills and injections that all they offer, however I'm not that old and realise that once its in there's no going back so based on your guys really interesting thread I contacted the International Andrology Institute in London by email to see if Sclerothreapy could be an option? Telling them all what I have put on this thread they came straight back and said yes it is an option for Venous leak but I would need to under go an ultrasound so they could assess how good a candidate I would be based on the amount of venous leak present. Feeling really encouraged I'm going to book an appointment within the next few weeks and if deemed suitable would pay the £2.5k for the operation which only takes 20mins under a local anaesthetic. My view is if the opp improves my current situation by 40/50% even if I still have to take pills then this would be a very good result. If I'm not deemed suitable then I think I would be pleased that I'd fully explored this option and would feel more comfortable about going for the implant surgery.

For note this is a relatively old surgery technique but has recently been improved upon by Dr Herwig and Dr F Kuehhas who out of interest works with both Dr Herwig in Germany and with International Andrology team in London.

Good luck and I will keep you all posted.

Gollam

Thanks for posting this, please let us know how it goes.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:38 pm

I just did a quick search and found an article investigating the use of sclerothreapy for venous leak that was published in 1987! Why is this just coming out now if it was being investigated almost 28 years ago?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3447201
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:31 am

Seems to me that if this is actually a viable procedure lots of docs would be doing it. Maybe there's a message in the fact that none are.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Young members”