Don’t know which Penile implant to choose!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Junior99

Re: Don’t know which Penile implant to choose!

Postby Junior99 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:54 am

Junior99 wrote:Hello everyone my name is Junior I’m in my mid 40’s a suffer from diabetes, HBP, and had 2 liver transplants in the last 15 years, any how I have become completely impotent in the last 3 years with a very minor case of peryones desease. I have done lots of research on penile implants and with the help of my doctor have come to the conclusion that implantation is the best solution for me. According to all my research because I have lost a significant amount of penis size that the best device for me would be the AMS700 XLG however I had my doctor tell me that a Coloplast Titan is what’s best because of the peryones but I DONT WANT THAT DEVICE because the Titan will not give me some of my size back mind you I was not very large to begin with I was only 5.75 inches and now I’m only measuring 4.5”. Can any of you tell me if I’m making a mistake by wanting the AMS 700 LXG or should I let my doctor use the TITAN? Thank you in advance for your responses!

Hello everyone here is an update. Finally had surgery yesterday 5/14/2018 AMS700 XLG! Everything went well however I Did not sleep all night with pain and discomfort I guess it was to be expected. I know everyone is different but if you guys could share how it was for you I would really appreciate it.
47 years old, married 21 years. Penile implant of an AMS 700 LGX done on 5/14/2018. Surgery performed by Dr. Bruce Kava University Of Miami Fl.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 am

Junior99 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:Hello everyone my name is Junior I’m in my mid 40’s a suffer from diabetes, HBP, and had 2 liver transplants in the last 15 years, any how I have become completely impotent in the last 3 years with a very minor case of peryones desease. I have done lots of research on penile implants and with the help of my doctor have come to the conclusion that implantation is the best solution for me. According to all my research because I have lost a significant amount of penis size that the best device for me would be the AMS700 XLG however I had my doctor tell me that a Coloplast Titan is what’s best because of the peryones but I DONT WANT THAT DEVICE because the Titan will not give me some of my size back mind you I was not very large to begin with I was only 5.75 inches and now I’m only measuring 4.5”. Can any of you tell me if I’m making a mistake by wanting the AMS 700 LXG or should I let my doctor use the TITAN? Thank you in advance for your responses!

Hello everyone here is an update. Finally had surgery yesterday 5/14/2018 AMS700 XLG! Everything went well however I Did not sleep all night with pain and discomfort I guess it was to be expected. I know everyone is different but if you guys could share how it was for you I would really appreciate it.

I had some pain that was well controlled with meds. After a couple of days I describe it more like "discomfort" more than pain, but either way it was controlled by the medication and bags of frozen peas.

Larry

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Larry10625 wrote:I had some pain that was well controlled with meds. After a couple of days I describe it more like "discomfort" more than pain, but either way it was controlled by the medication and bags of frozen peas.

Same here.

Junior99

Postby Junior99 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:05 am

Larry10625 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:

I had some pain that was well controlled with meds. After a couple of days I describe it more like "discomfort" more than pain, but either way it was controlled by the medication and bags of frozen peas.

Larry

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your input. Yesterday morning the doctor took off the catheter and the discomfort went away and I was able to sleep for a few hours during the day, last night at home I iced it for a while and took a couple Advils and slept the whole night and although there is pain is not as bad as the first night. Another thing is that it looks a lot smaller than anticipated I sure hope it’s because of the swelling! :|
47 years old, married 21 years. Penile implant of an AMS 700 LGX done on 5/14/2018. Surgery performed by Dr. Bruce Kava University Of Miami Fl.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 am

Junior99 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:

Larry

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your input. Yesterday morning the doctor took off the catheter and the discomfort went away and I was able to sleep for a few hours during the day, last night at home I iced it for a while and took a couple Advils and slept the whole night and although there is pain is not as bad as the first night. Another thing is that it looks a lot smaller than anticipated I sure hope it’s because of the swelling! :|

Well, first of all, welcome to our bionic brotherhood. Once you are healed you are going to have some of the best sex you have EVER had, so chin up. I agree, the catheter is a royal pain in the ass, and you really have to be careful of bladder infections. If you start to have a burning sensation or you get the urge to pee A LOT but not a lot comes out, see you doctor immediately. Watch for more pain, swelling and/or temperature of 104 or more. Again, contact your doctor immediately if you have any of these. Drink lots of water to "prime your own pump" (aka bladder) Advil is great. For ice packs you can use a bag of frozen peas or corn and leave on for UP TO 20 minutes. Any longer and you start to damage the skin tissue. Lots of guys will tell you this. I discovered that when they thawed out (because my bag and balls were hotter than the vegetables) and I refroze them, eventually turned into one big chunk. If you use navy beans, split peas or anything else like this from the dollar store, because they won't freeze, they will work great if you put them in a odd sock or other similar item. These become great cold/hot packs. After a week or so (when your swelling goes away), and you doctor tells you that you are ok to start cycling, switch to hot/warm packs. This warms up the pump in your scrotum and makes the rubber much easier to pump up. In the next six weeks, you will have a thousand questions and you will be frustrated when the members tell you that patience will be your friend. Please do ask them because you might have a question that requires urgent attention or a question for which time won't help, but most of your questions will be time related issues... we know, we had the same questions. Good luck and feel free to post as many questions as you like... after the implant has taken place, the 6000 Frank Talk members are now the EXPERTS, not the doctors (unless they have an implant).

Larry

Junior99

Postby Junior99 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 am

Larry10625 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Hello Larry,

Well, first of all, welcome to our bionic brotherhood. Once you are healed you are going to have some of the best sex you have EVER had, so chin up. I agree, the catheter is a royal pain in the ass, and you really have to be careful of bladder infections. If you start to have a burning sensation or you get the urge to pee A LOT but not a lot comes out, see you doctor immediately. Watch for more pain, swelling and/or temperature of 104 or more. Again, contact your doctor immediately if you have any of these. Drink lots of water to "prime your own pump" (aka bladder) Advil is great. For ice packs you can use a bag of frozen peas or corn and leave on for UP TO 20 minutes. Any longer and you start to damage the skin tissue. Lots of guys will tell you this. I discovered that when they thawed out (because my bag and balls were hotter than the vegetables) and I refroze them, eventually turned into one big chunk. If you use navy beans, split peas or anything else like this from the dollar store, because they won't freeze, they will work great if you put them in a odd sock or other similar item. These become great cold/hot packs. After a week or so (when your swelling goes away), and you doctor tells you that you are ok to start cycling, switch to hot/warm packs. This warms up the pump in your scrotum and makes the rubber much easier to pump up. In the next six weeks, you will have a thousand questions and you will be frustrated when the members tell you that patience will be your friend. Please do ask them because you might have a question that requires urgent attention or a question for which time won't help, but most of your questions will be time related issues... we know, we had the same questions. Good luck and feel free to post as many questions as you like... after the implant has taken place, the 6000 Frank Talk members are now the EXPERTS, not the doctors (unless they have an implant).

Larry

Thank you Larry! :D

I’m very greatful to you and the Frank Talk community for all of your help and support.
Day 3 and Advil takes care of the pain and this morning it seems the swelling is starting to dissipate. Can’t wait to see and enjoy the results! :D

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:40 am

Junior99 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:
Hello Larry,

Larry

I’m very greatful to you and the Frank Talk community for all of your help and support.
Day 3 and Advil takes care of the pain and this morning it seems the swelling is starting to dissipate. Can’t wait to see and enjoy the results! :D

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm doin' the happy dance just for you. You will discover that every day as the swelling goes down you will feel better. When were you told you should start cycling? Activation? First follow up appointment? Don't worry about size... The implant you got specifically works on length and girth expansion (hence the acronym LGX). If you cycle, as directed, you will be happy with your results. Don't forget that ED alone actually takes away size over time and, over time, the LGX will help you reclaim it. When you start cycling, for best results, pump it up to the max every time. You can't over pump because AMS implants have an overflow safety feature so when it gets to the max it handles, if you continue to pump it just overflows and goes back into the reservoir. Good luck and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. :)

Larry

Junior99

Postby Junior99 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:48 am

0AAD8C2E-F710-4E97-A07F-EDDFFF3034F9.jpeg
Larry10625 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm doin' the happy dance just for you. You will discover that every day as the swelling goes down you will feel better. When were you told you should start cycling? Activation? First follow up appointment? Don't worry about size... The implant you got specifically works on length and girth expansion (hence the acronym LGX). If you cycle, as directed, you will be happy with your results. Don't forget that ED alone actually takes away size over time and, over time, the LGX will help you reclaim it. When you start cycling, for best results, pump it up to the max every time. You can't over pump because AMS implants have an overflow safety feature so when it gets to the max it handles, if you continue to pump it just overflows and goes back into the reservoir. Good luck and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. :)

Larry

Junior99

Postby Junior99 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Junior99 wrote:0AAD8C2E-F710-4E97-A07F-EDDFFF3034F9.jpeg
Larry10625 wrote:
Junior99 wrote:

Larry

Hi I just uploaded a photo can you tell me is the swelling is normal to you?

naginati

Postby naginati » Thu May 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Last edited by naginati on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Implants”