Just had implant surgery this morning - When does the pain subside?

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
jconnlasvegas

Just had implant surgery this morning - When does the pain subside?

Postby jconnlasvegas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:46 pm

I just had the implant done this morning. Still have the drain tube and cath in me. What can I expect from a pain perspective? It's rough...pain meds help. Any advice? I don't want to move an inch....

radioradio

Re: Just had implant surgery this morning - When does the pain subside?

Postby radioradio » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:30 pm

First, congratulations!
I remember thinking exactly what you are — I didn’t want to move an inch. I took as many pain meds as they would give me overnite (my surgery was at 5:00 pm). For me, it was all about getting that f***ing catheter out. After that, it was pretty much just sore as shit, getting a little better each day. Much less pain than I had anticipated.
Rest, rest, rest. Then rest some more.
Wishing you the best as you continue down this path.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 pm

I got my implant almost 6 months ago. I stayed overnight in the hospital. The following morning it was difficult to get out of the hospital bed and the catheter was extremely irritating. I wanted to get up and move around so I had to walk with the catheter still in. Not fun. As soon as that was removed I felt so much better.

Once I got home I started using ice to prevent swelling. I never took anything for pain. In my case I would call the feeling soreness, not pain. My biggest issue was pissing with a partial erection. My doctor requested that I get up and walk for fifteen minutes three times per day. I really think that helped my recovery as much as anything.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 pm

FYI...
Your future posts regarding your implant will get a lot more responses if you create them in the Implant area. It is by far the most used portion of Frank Talk.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:53 am

jconnlasvegas wrote:I just had the implant done this morning. Still have the drain tube and cath in me. What can I expect from a pain perspective? It's rough...pain meds help. Any advice? I don't want to move an inch....

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
51 years old, married 29 years. Implanted Mar 30/17 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. (AMS 700 CX 18 + 2). Had implant removed Apr 29/17 due to Septic Shock. Liposuction By Dr. Gan and re-implant by Dr. Brock (AMS LGX 15 + 2) Dec 14/17.

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”