New Member, Philly Burbs

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Fundle

New Member, Philly Burbs

Postby Fundle » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:18 pm

I was excited to find this forum! So much information here that I'd been looking for, especially regarding penile implants. I'm scheduled for my penile implant on March 1st, 2018, with Dr. Garber in Philadelphia, PA. I've been reading everything I can find and it's helping me feel much better about my decision.

Bob
Age 66. Originally scheduled for penile implant surgery March 1, 2018 with Dr. Garber in Phila, but delayed for insurance reasons. ED for 20 years; tried testosterone replacement, ED meds, pump, tri-mix injections. All helped for a time, but no longer.

radioradio

Re: New Member, Philly Burbs

Postby radioradio » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Fundle wrote:I was excited to find this forum! So much information here that I'd been looking for, especially regarding penile implants. I'm scheduled for my penile implant on March 1st, 2018, with Dr. Garber in Philadelphia, PA. I've been reading everything I can find and it's helping me feel much better about my decision.

Bob

Wish you the best. Feel free to PM me any time. I'm local.
Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:56 am

Hi there Bob... or, perhaps I should call you "neighbor!"

Philly 'burbs here too! I've had my implant since April 2015 and it's been one of the best decisions of my life. My urologist/surgeon (Dr. Samaha at Abington/Jefferson) has been awesome but he's since retired. If there are any questions I can answer regarding my personal experience, please, just say the word! I'll be more than happy to share.
Proud owner of an AMS 700 LGX!
(Kinda sounds like a V-12 Racing Edition! LOL!)

Welcome to the group!
Colin
(Holland, Bucks County, PA)

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:36 am

Fundle wrote:I was excited to find this forum! So much information here that I'd been looking for, especially regarding penile implants. I'm scheduled for my penile implant on March 1st, 2018, with Dr. Garber in Philadelphia, PA. I've been reading everything I can find and it's helping me feel much better about my decision.

Bob

Welcome to Frank Talk and Merry Christmas

Larry

philly444

Postby philly444 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 am

Philly guy here with an implant if you want to talk let me know. I will send you a PM
AMS 700 LGX 18cm, implanted December 16, 2016, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Wm. Jaffe Married to a Man

Fundle

Postby Fundle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:11 pm

radioradio wrote:

Bob

Bob 2.3.1

Thanks, Bob! I've read most of your recent posts, I think, and found them very helpful. How is your revision healing? Are you back in action yet?

Bob
Age 66. Originally scheduled for penile implant surgery March 1, 2018 with Dr. Garber in Phila, but delayed for insurance reasons. ED for 20 years; tried testosterone replacement, ED meds, pump, tri-mix injections. All helped for a time, but no longer.

Fundle

Postby Fundle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:13 pm

philly444 wrote:Philly guy here with an implant if you want to talk let me know. I will send you a PM

Thanks, I responded to your PM.

Bob

Fundle

Postby Fundle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Colin, Larry, thanks for your messages, too. I'm really enjoying all the good info here. I'm already feeling much better about my upcoming implantation.

Bob

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Fundle wrote:
radioradio wrote:

Bob

Bob 2.3.1

Thanks, Bob! I've read most of your recent posts, I think, and found them very helpful. How is your revision healing? Are you back in action yet?

Bob

Soreness is still there in my nut sack, swelling is almost gone. MAY try to cycle today or tomorrow. I don't think I'll be ready for a ride for at least a few more days. Hopefully before ball drops in Times Square. 8-), which would be 2-1/2 weeks after surgery. We'll see. Although I miss pumping it up, and I miss using it, I don't want to create any problems...

Happy New Year!

Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:14 am

Welcome to FT Bob.

I got my implant on Sept. 18th and I am very happy with how the entire procedure went and how it has allowed my wife and I to resume the sex life we had at a much younger age.

Best wishes on your journey. I am happy you found FT. It certainly helped me and I am sure it will help you, too.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”