Hi Guy's- New to this site

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
trimix60

Hi Guy's- New to this site

Postby trimix60 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:44 pm

I had my robotic RP last June and recovery has been great except for my ED. I am 60 and my wife of 7 yrs (she is 39) :D just decided that she wanted a divorce. Not sure if my ED had anything to do with that but you never know. Soon, I will be looking for a new partner to share my life with.

Drugs do not seem to help with my problem, have tried them all. I had my first visit with my GP since my surgery and he mentioned a penile implant and acted like it is a very common fix for a problem like mine, I have also had PE most of my life and satisfying my partner has always been an issue. A penile implant would fix both my problems it seems.

I have done much reading about this and a lot of guy's talk about taking a shortcut to the implant and not waiting for years to do it, that most of the other options fail long term and are a real hassle.

I am here to get educated and get some real input from the experts, let it fly !!!!

antelope

Re: Hi Guy's- New to this site

Postby antelope » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 pm

I would suggest pumping for penile rehab and trimix for hard erections before going under the knife. Less invasive is typically better than more invasive. Just saying.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

trimix60

Postby trimix60 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks for all your input, I now see from reading all your comments and also watching this video-

"You may find Dr Mulhall's video hope restoring and generally informative.
http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/94910.cfm"

that my Uro has not given me the information I need to be as proactive as I can about my ED. My Uro only had me taking small doses of V, C and L and clearly that was not strong enough for me. After watching Dr Mulhall's video last night I decide to take 100 mg of V and it worked !! :D

Looks like I need to seek out a more aggresive ED recovery process using the drugs first, maybe I don't have as much of a problem as I thought.

My RP was nerve sparing but nothing seemed to work so I mentally escillated this into something it was not.

How do I go about finding the information or Dr that I can work with to put me on a real rehabilition program for my ED ??

Thanks so much guy's for helping me out !!!

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Dear T--

My suggestion is that you continue to develop a broad understanding of the basic therapies: pills, shots, and implant. I have listed these, btw, in the order of invasiveness. I did not include pumping in that list because I do not have any experience using pumping (with or without cock rings) for sex. I use a cheap little pump just for stretching and rehab on non shot days. My doc (my GP, not the uro) suggested that i "graduate" from pills to shots because pumping might tend to "ruin the moment" as far as sex is concerned. (His words, not mine!) Now there are lots of guys on this site who disagree completely and have apparently had good success with pumping. All you pumpers should jump in here with specific advice.

Once you have that basic understading, then you can have informed conversations (plural) with your internist, your uro, or any physician, nurse, or lab tech who might be interested. My mantra was "this is not acceptable". Fortunately, my medical team (young men all) agreed and we kept working, trying, and testing to come up with the best solution. Pills didn't work for me, injections are awesome. Maybe by the time I need an implant, the technology will be developed so that sucker will play "The Hallelujah Chorus" when I pump it up.

So learn all you can and then keep shopping docs as needed until you find one who is committed to finding a solution for you. Best wishes. Keep us posted.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

trimix60

Postby trimix60 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Greg- Thanks for the sound advise

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Greg, what did your doctor mean by his saying that pumping might "ruin the moment"? I don't understand that. Was he referring to using rings with the pump or something the pump does to your penis? Since I don't have as many moments (if he means orgasms) as I would like, I wouldn't want to ruin any of those moments. What was his reasoning for that?

John

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:44 pm

LJ,

He was referring to being in mid kissy face with my sweetie and then having to stop to put on the pump and then pump until Little Gregory was ready to do the deed. I agree: not very romantic. Pumpers do disagree. And God bless 'em.

Some may feel that the shots also ruin the moment. I don't find that to be the case at all. I shoot up in the kitchen so I can put the happy juice back in the fridge and that sucker starts coming to attention before I can walk back to the bedroom. Doing the kissy face after the shot just makes it all better. I think getting rock hard during foreplay is about as natural as it can get.

Hope that helps.

G

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Yes, Greg, that definitely helps. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't suggesting that the pump would take away any of the sensitivity that is so important. I think the trimix solution will definitely work better for me than a pump and then a ring, as I don't like the cold sausage effect after pumping and placing the ring. And, I agree that standing at attention is (was) pretty natural during the fun leading up to the major activity, itself.

Viripse

Postby Viripse » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi Littlejohn, I am relatively new to this site, but not to ED......I have had time to read virtually every word that's been posted here......take your time to read it all too.

I came looking for implant info, but decided to stay with the pump, which I didn't even know existed 'til I read of it here.

I am in the medical field, have always believed that the simplest is best.......should it not prove satisfactory then one can go further, for instance from the pump to direct injections to implant. One can always go forwards but not back. Every one has both advantages and disadvantages....... They are explained fully on this site,.....take your time to make the correct decision.

Regarding the presentation of the problem to a new partner, I personally believe you should be up front and give her the opportunity to accept as you are before sex, rather than surprise during foreplay......should you use injections.....you could explain that it will after a few minutes the simple, painless injection will provide a rock hard wood, that will last as long as she can handle it. Should she be new to such scenario, it is more than likely she will be intrigued and become a willing and enthusiastic partner.

In my case my girl friend and I went through about 6 weeks of sex with a limp penis, we mutually masterbated, both enjoying the experience together. When I learned of the pump, through these pages, we've had great fun experimenting, and now enjoy some of the best sex we have ever had, even with our respective now deceased partners. She actually admitted that she had never had an orgasm with her husband of nearly 20 years, for he always came too soon. Now she has one each and every time for I can go on as long as she wants.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”