Post Implant Pain

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Riverdog5043

Post Implant Pain

Postby Riverdog5043 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Greetings, new member & first post.
A brief background. Prostate removed at age 50 in 2015 which left me with reoccurring stricture at the bladder neck, impotent with peyronies when erect by vacuum or injections. Intercourse was painful and low dose injections twice put me into hospital with priapism. (you haven’t lived until you experience the treatment for that. Lol) Anyway, had the Titan implant placed on Dec 01,2017. Was promised this would cure my peyronies & it would make me feel whole again. Day 11 and the paid in my testicles is unbearable & I cannot sit or stand. Trying to taper of the Oxycodone as it constipating & I do not like the way it makes me feel. First follow up is this Wed but my question is how long does the pain in the testicles last ? Swelling is subsiding and color has returned but the pain has not improved. The doc left the penis partially erect with the implant which aches. Is this common ? Also it does not appear the peyronies was corrected & it appears worse. Would like to hear your experiences and thank you.

Greg1956

Re: Post Implant Pain

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:46 am

Riverdog,
First, you will probably get more response to your post if you place it in the Implant section. That gets way more action than this section and the action here is often from guys who haven't had an implant.

My implant was 3 months ago. Each of us is different so there is not going to be a standard answer to your questions. In my case I had very little swelling, bruising, or pain. I took one pain pill when I arrived home from the hospital and the only reason I took it was thinking it would help me sleep because I do not sleep well flat on my back and that was how I had to be for recovery.

He only pain I had in my testicles was when sitting in specific positions where I was applying too much pressure to the stitches as mine were Penoscrotal.

As for what you believe to be Peyronies still evident in your penis, i guess anything is a possibility, but I will tell you I have seen several posts where guys had terribly misshapen dicks during recovery and they healed normally. One thing that could potential be a problem is if you are wearing a jock or u drew ear that is constricting your penis from lying flat on your abdomen. For example, a bikini brief can be causing your penis to curve to fit the pouch whereas a boxer brief would give it space to lay straight and flat.

If you move your post and attach a photo of what your penis looks like, it is very likely one of our bionic brothers will relate to it and let you know of a similar situation.

Best wishes.
Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:08 am

Riverdog5043 wrote:Greetings, new member & first post.
A brief background. Prostate removed at age 50 in 2015 which left me with reoccurring stricture at the bladder neck, impotent with peyronies when erect by vacuum or injections. Intercourse was painful and low dose injections twice put me into hospital with priapism. (you haven’t lived until you experience the treatment for that. Lol) Anyway, had the Titan implant placed on Dec 01,2017. Was promised this would cure my peyronies & it would make me feel whole again. Day 11 and the paid in my testicles is unbearable & I cannot sit or stand. Trying to taper of the Oxycodone as it constipating & I do not like the way it makes me feel. First follow up is this Wed but my question is how long does the pain in the testicles last ? Swelling is subsiding and color has returned but the pain has not improved. The doc left the penis partially erect with the implant which aches. Is this common ? Also it does not appear the peyronies was corrected & it appears worse. Would like to hear your experiences and thank you.

Good morning Riverdog; Due to a severe back injury, I am on daily narcotics which are very constipating. I take a prescription called Soflax. A pharmacist told me that you don't need a prescription for it but I get one because my insurance will pay for it if I have a prescription. This shit works really well. I, personally, take the max dose of 2 pills twice a day. Read the directions and speak to your doctor before taking meds (even over the counter) if you are taking other medications. Good luck. :)

Larry

MrJohnson

Postby MrJohnson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:43 am

Riverdog,

I know what you're talking about reference the scrotum pain. To help with the pain and swelling, per my surgeon's instructions, I started taking hot baths on postop day 3. I sat in a HOT bath for about 30 minutes once or twice a day for the first month postop. It helped reduce the swelling and pain a lot. NOTE: My Dr. uses permanent sutures to close the scrotum incision. I had to have the stitches removed by my PCP 14 days after the surgery. If you don't have permanent sutures don't sit in hot water before consulting with your surgeon to see what type sutures he used on you.

MrJohnson
Age 61. Venous leak. Implanted October 2017 with a Titan Touch.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am

MrJohnson wrote:Riverdog,

I know what you're talking about reference the scrotum pain. To help with the pain and swelling, per my surgeon's instructions, I started taking hot baths on postop day 3. I sat in a HOT bath for about 30 minutes once or twice a day for the first month postop. It helped reduce the swelling and pain a lot. NOTE: My Dr. uses permanent sutures to close the scrotum incision. I had to have the stitches removed by my PCP 14 days after the surgery. If you don't have permanent sutures don't sit in hot water before consulting with your surgeon to see what type sutures he used on you.

MrJohnson

Very true. I was not able to take salts bathes because of the sutures. :(

Larry

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”