A quick hello

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
JBinNCCT

A quick hello

Postby JBinNCCT » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi All,

Just got off the phone with Paul and wanted to quickly introduce myself as the newest member. I'm Joe - and WOW - am I fortunate to find you guys and this site. I had my radical prostatectomy on September 6th and since then have been amazed at how much i didn't know ahead of time or know what to expect as far as side effects after the surgery. While I'm glad to be rid of the one problem, the "others" since then, i.e., the incontinence and impotence, are more than discouraging. Not sure what to really expect of myself at this point, as it's just been 3 weeks since, but of course am more concerned about what to expect and do to improve the situation going forward and the timelines for seeing improvement. I will post questions to you guys - and look forward to your advice and counsel. Going forward - I have a follow up with my doc on Oct 13th and will post updates after that.

Looking forward to working with you. All the best,

Joe

Cajun Jeff

Re: A quick hello

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Joe: Welcome to FT you are with lots of friends that have been ahead of you on that Operation table. You way early in the trip of healing. Feel free to ask questions. You may want to check out Healingwell.com as well. There is a ProstateCancer forum there.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Peckerwood

Re: A quick hello

Postby Peckerwood » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:59 am

Just a little screencast that might help you navigate the site a little more fully: http://www.screencast.com/t/8bT3aHly
You won't believe how much helpful information there is on our site.
Littlejohn

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”