Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Expo2000

Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

Postby Expo2000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello to everyone,

First, just a quick acknowledgement of what a great site this is! I literally just discovered it just a few days before my implant. I can clearly see what a valuable resource this site is for those of us facing these challenges. In fact, I wish that I had discovered this Frank resource earlier...

I will tell my backstory later, but will fast forward to today, Saturday June 17, 2017.
Today is day 3 of my journey. Surgery was on Thursday June 15th.

Day 1, the operation went fairly well, and was pleasantly surprised that I lived through the experience (just trying to be witty). The unit is a CX, 18 +1 cm. Lots of pain, per expectations, but also a little shocking to see the bomb that had gone off… black and blue and red all over. On a positive note, it was great to see some size and heft in a zone that was deficient the day before! Was also great to see that my turtling issue also appears to be solved! Emotions were generally positive, with thoughts of how this will improve love with my wife...

There appears to have just been one incision, square shaped, and behind the testicles and at the base of the shaft. It was covered in surgical tape, which came of in the shower this morning. All the advice about showers was true, I certainly enjoyed that! The pump is situated behind the testicles, and not really in the scrotum per se, but in that area behind the scrotum.

Day 2 was spent in the hospital on IV drips. Nursing staff was great and very supportive. Day 2 the gauze also came off, and plenty of asymmetrical swelling and bending to be seen. The penis is semi hard, the doctor said about 20% inflated. I also noted the rather firm rigidity of the CX.

Day 3 is today, and another mixed bag of emotions. My left testicle seems to have ascended, causing some concern. The penis is also pointing pretty much straight down, despite partial inflation. Not sure if this is how or is supposed to be, but that's how they had it bundled up following surgery (downwards dog). There is also a left bend to the shaft, which the surgeon noted and said that will need work by me to shape the shaft properly (inflation training or whatever the proper term is). The swelling is much better today, I'm happy to report. Enjoying the famous bag of frozen peas at this very moment! Experiencing some nausea, possibly due to T3s, and had some light headedness and sweating earlier. Not too bad now that I'm lying down in a cool room.

Still constipated after 3 days. Have taken 3 stool softeners plus prunes plus 2 doses of Metamucil. Still waiting for relief in that department.

Supposed to have a 1 week consult with surgeon and then again at 4-6 weeks.

I can see that, at least for me, this is going to be a long journey, and one that will be challenging both physically but also mentally.

My request: can I please hear some ”love” for the CX? So far it seems pretty rigid, and that's causing some concern. I see lots of support for LGX on these boards, but some positive stories or links to CX success stories would be kindly appreciated!

Also seeking reassurance that I'll be able to get this puppy pointed upwards (perhaps after activation and training)?

Finally, before the operation, I led a pretty active lifestyle, going to the gym and doing lots of cycling. I know that I can't just jump right back on the bike, but will I eventually be able to resume long bike rides? I used to do about 60 km a day, 3-4x per week. Will such bike trips be possible?

Thanks again for this forum, and thanks for allowing me to join!
Looking forward to being a regular contributor, and to paying it forward !

Expo
18 cm +1 tip; AMS 700 CX installed on June 15, 2017. 53 years old. Canada.
Willing to discuss and answer questions, but probably too early to have much insight (yet).
Currently in very early days, not yet activated...

Eveready

Re: Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

Postby Eveready » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Hey Expo
I can't offer any insight into your device, I'm afraid, but can offer some suggestions on other points you raise.
For constipation I recommend an iso-osmotic laxative such as Osmolax or Movicol.. They are much gentler on us than boosters of fibre or those that cause cramps. At this time, gentleness in all things associated with the lower body is most welcome. May take 12-24 hours to be effective.
Shifting testes seem to be usual. My scrotum tightened up for 2 weeks plus, as if it wanted to reabsorb nuts, pump and all. And the pain there is not the usual kicked in the pills ache, but a more fiery variety that is much relieved in a hot bath.
Like you, too, I've a kink in the member. I'm working on that (3 1/2 weeks post op) at times of inflation, because it's otherwise leaving me with a painfully sensitive high spot when flaccid. Not sure what the final result will be, but the kink comes out when I'm inflated. Not inflating fully yet, but I get firmer than I've been for many a year, and pointing out at 3 o'clock. May not have it smacking me in the belly as was possible in youth, but it will still be very useable.
Cycling will now have a new meaning for you, of course. I am assured that I will be able to get back on the 10-speed at 4-6 weeks post op. More likely 6 weeks for me, to judge by progress. Missing that for sure.
Cheers
Ken
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

williamb

Re: Canadian journey (the voyage starts)...

Postby williamb » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:47 am

Its a little late for advice at this point but , start the stool softeners before surgery, and continue them even if you don't think they are necessary. It will surely reduce the pressure that using your core muscles cause and make life easier at these times. JMHO
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”