Introductions and hello

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
SIGNMAN

Introductions and hello

Postby SIGNMAN » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Signman 9.27.11
I am a new member as of today... I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 years ago and had HIFU done in Canada but am still having problems with ED and not happy with my sex life. My wife doesn't seem to care but it really bothers me and I'm not sure what thing I can do to help the situation.

antelope

Re: Introductions and hello

Postby antelope » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 pm

You've come to the right place, Signman. While not all of us have had to deal with prostate cancer, we all are dealing with the effects of LDS--Limp Dick Syndrome--and none of them are pretty. That's the first thing: you are not alone. Fact number two is that you do not have to "settle" for a limp dick. There are multiple possible solutions out there and one or more of them will work for you. Until I found what worked for me (injections), my mantra was "this is not an acceptable outcome".

What you can do here is get real world information from regular guys who talk in real world language. ONe suggestion I have for you is that you read as many of the postings as you can. Read everything about pumping, for example, then read everything about injections, etc. Doing so will give you an amazing breadth of knowledge and prepare you for the right kind of chat with your urologist. I would also suggest that you approach this limp dick business methodically: start with the least invasive solution and move to the more invasive as needed. For example, taking a pill is no big deal. Giving yourself a shot in the hoohoo is a bit more involved. And asking a surgeon to lay a scalpel on your most important body part is a huge deal.

Beyond reading the posts, I suggest that you post any and all of your questions and stand back and let the guys respond. You will be amazed. Finally, drop in the Chat room one evening. It can get rowdy in there, but it's all normal guy stuff.

Again, welcome. I look forward to reading more of your posts when you have time.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

djmc5050

Re: Introductions and hello

Postby djmc5050 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks to all for letting me join the group.
I am 2 years post Op and have several items I need to talk about and discuss.
I kinda feel like I was sold a bill of goods from the BIG SEATTLE UR doctor. I am only 56 and the BIG C scared the crap out of me so I trusted him, but I am completely dead, ZIP,ZERO NADA after surgery.
I need to sign off now at 5:00 PM Seattle Time on Tuesday the 27th of Sept. 2011 to go to work, but trust me as I am going to trust you I want to see if anybody went through what I di 10 days after my Surgery, like a call to 911 and have my big butt taken to the ER for PAIN I COULD NEVER DESCRIBE UNLESS YOU DID TOO.
THANKS, DOUG

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”