New implant

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Hopefulandworried

New implant

Postby Hopefulandworried » Sat May 20, 2017 10:19 pm

My husband is 45 has had ED a long time before we were married 16 yrs ago. It was less frequent at first but eventually he could not get an erection. he was 30 when we met.i was his first and only girlfriend and sex partner. He has low T we later found out. He masturbated a lot both before and during our marriage due to loss of erection. I felt horrible for many years thinking so he did not find me attractive until i realized what the issue really was.
He tried pills, and then shots but they eventually stopped working. We found out he had vein leak .He started testosterone pellets for the low T. Found out he has prostate cancer had surgery March 1st. Then implant surgery on May 5th. What is a realistic time line for sex. And for Masturbating .sorry post so long

cincinnatus1951

Re: New implant

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:34 am

Docs will usually say no sex for 6 weeks. The real controlling factor is both internal and exeternal swelling. You need to be able to locate and manipulate the pump for inflation and deflation. Inflation is easier than deflation, so make sure you can deflate before inflating. You don;t want to try anything for at least 2 weeks, or until your doc activates you. Some guys are still swollen that activation is delayed until the swelling goes down. I advise patience. You will love the implant and it will solve all the no erection problems. Give it time to settle down. Good luck and welcome to the "bionic" brotherhood.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun May 21, 2017 1:55 pm

I was told to wait 6 weeks before having sex. Of course I was tempted, but I was afraid (as was my wife) that I might rip out everything and have to go to an ER and explain that I was just too horny to wait. ;)
So I figured that I would play it safe and just wait like my doctor told me to.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sat May 27, 2017 4:33 pm

I waited eight weeks before having sex even though my urologist said I could in six weeks. It was about right for me, since I was so sore I couldn't do anything until then. I waited four weeks before cycling, but I would definitely go with the urologist on that one as it has to do with healing and the like. Sex puts additional pressures on the whole mechanism that cycling does not.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Hopefulandworried

Postby Hopefulandworried » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Well went to 4 week check up and doctor said things look great. Hubby feeling much better and they activated pump. He said we could have our sexytime now .waited a few days and WOW. I loved how the pump gave my husband confidence for the first time in our marriage in regards to staying erect. He felt free to experiment and take his time. He is some what shorter but that was not an issue for me in the least. He is able to pump and deflate without pain. I am so glad the cancer is gone and he is no longer in pain.it will take a while for him to get use to some changes but over time every thing will be great.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:46 pm

So glad to hear all is well. Any questions just ask.
Blessings,
Reverend Donnie Bryan
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”