Greetings. Thank you all for sharing.

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
kgr132

Greetings. Thank you all for sharing.

Postby kgr132 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Thank you all for your honesty. Because getting an implant is a one-way street, I'd placed an implant at the bottom of my list of things to fix my ED. What a mistake. A horrible mistake. What I read here in this forum helped to convince me that an implant was going to be OK. I feel some guilt now at wasting several years that my wife and I could've been enjoying ourselves.

For background: I lost everything related to natural erections in 2008, at the age of 42. Rectal cancer surgery removed not only a tumour, but any ability to get an erection. I tried pills, vacuum, injections. My attempts yielded little or mediocre results. My doctor had suggested that I get an implant several years ago, but I was stubborn and unwilling to admit that natural erections were gone forever. Last month, partly thanks to you guys, I finally had the surgery.

I'm feeling extremely lucky. My doctor practically had an orgasm at my 4 day post-op check-up because my swelling was minimal, we were able to easily distinguish the parts of the pump and my pump placement is front and centre. For the post-op record: I took Vicodin for 4 days straight; remained horizontal whenever possible; iced the crap out of my crotch until I was worried about frost-bite and tugged the pump downward repeatedly as instructed (ouch!). Now at 3 1/2 weeks post-op I'm able to cycle my implant, although there's still some pain when it's pumped up. I'm looking forward to my doctor's clearance for sex with my wife and better times ahead. Thanks again.
Surgery for Rectal Cancer killed erectile function 24-Sep-2008. R.I.P.
Effectiveness of injections faded over time until it was more trouble than it was worth. Coloplast Titan 20 cm implanted 23-Mar-2017.

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Greetings. Thank you all for sharing.

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 pm

kgr132;
Congrats and Welcome to the Brotherhood ...

The pain you feel when pumped up is normal and will take quite a while before you don't notice it. It's easier to pump until uncomfortable (rather than painful) ... wait a while then pump some more. You will also find you do not need to "max pump" for sex ... about 90% works better.

Enjoy your second chance at a sex life ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

kgr132

Postby kgr132 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Bionic_by_AMS,
Thanks for the welcome and the tips. This is uncharted territory, at least for me. The discussions I've seen here by those who've gone before are reassuring, helpful and sometimes alarming; but mostly very helpful.

Bringing up the pressure in steps makes a lot of sense (slaps self on head). Although nature may have short changed me, I don't think my doctor did when he selected the size of the implant. Pumped to "uncomfortable" leaves small wrinkles on the sides. I trust that those will work themselves out in time as I grow into my new self.

Patience appears to be the key to success. Thanks again to all.

-K-
Surgery for Rectal Cancer killed erectile function 24-Sep-2008. R.I.P.
Effectiveness of injections faded over time until it was more trouble than it was worth. Coloplast Titan 20 cm implanted 23-Mar-2017.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:48 pm

K,
Yes the wrinkles will go away over time as you pump more fluid into the cylinders ...

Where is it painful? ... in the glans (head) the shaft, or internal towards the back of the cylinders ... You will after time notice that much of the pain goes away as your body adjusts.

Don't feel short changed ... it's back to working and no more ED issues. If you stay at it (daily pumping) your Titan will keep expanding in girth, that should keep your partner happy!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”