Hello

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
edinga

Hello

Postby edinga » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 pm

My name is Ed and I live in the Atlanta area. I found this site while searching for info on implants. My story may be of interest to some as it deals with premature failure of a Titan OTR implant that was performed in June 2010. Naturally, I was very disappointed when I discovered that the pump failed to inflate the implant. I was even more disappointed to learn from my Doc that a revision (replacement) would be required. It seem that Coloplast warrants the device but not the associated medical expense. Not to mention the pain and suffering associated with the repeat procedure. My Doc is contacting Coloplast for more info while I am researching my options. The failure appears to be a saline leak from an unknown location.

I am questioning why I would want to implant another Titan OTR.

I am interested to know if anyone on the Board has had a premature implant failure and what their experience has been. I will search the Board for past entries but it would help me and save time to hear directly from anyone wanting to share information.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

:(

antelope

Re: Hello

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 pm

You need an attorney. Their warranty exclusion is bogus.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Ed:

Welcome! I agree with Greg. But, have your doc tell them that everyone on FrankTalk is watching!!! We do remember. I would think they will make things right but please keep us posted.

Now, I am not bionic (our term for those of you with implants) but I do watch in case the need arises. You also might re-post under the implants section and those with implants do monitor that thread. Those there may have some suggestions. This is a good place and you will enjoy the banter and exchanges.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

edinga

Postby edinga » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks Guys. I have considered an attorney, but am awaiting feedback from the Doc. I am contacting him today and may call Coloplast directly. Good advice on reposting. Will do.

Ed

jaggia

Postby jaggia » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:00 am

Hello guys, I hav just joined. Hope 2 discuss useful things. I am 61, experienced ED sometimes, not always. But the embarrassment may be just once, it is adequate.

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:19 am

jaggia wrote:Hello guys, I hav just joined. Hope 2 discuss useful things. I am 61, experienced ED sometimes, not always. But the embarrassment may be just once, it is adequate.

Welcome aboard!
I am sure you will find all the answers you might need.
Everyone on FT really only has one desire that is to help others
deal with the problems each of us has. Never be affraid to ask for help
or understanding. We have all be there.
You may want to check in the chatroom from time to time. Always good
conversation between friends!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”