Introduction Of LemKE

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
willislem

Introduction Of LemKE

Postby willislem » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Greetings All,
My name for the site will be Lemke; I am 62 years old and I have in the past been diagnosed with peronei's disease and elected surgery. I have a penile implant which is now at least 2 plus years old, but not much else following.

I was wondering if there is anyone else with the same that could share some of their experiences with me. Ideas/experiences such as psychological as well as physical. The ups and downs, the wife's reaction and coping abilities, was it worth it? Is life as far as the implant is concerned great or mediocre?

How do you actually get back in the game as far as the intimacy is concerned/ Just any & all information would be a great help, I just feel alone in this journey. I think that I have the hang-up instead of my wife.

Thanks In Advance,
LemKe

Jimbruski

Re: Introduction Of LemKE

Postby Jimbruski » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi Lemke,

I'm Jim, 67 years old, went through Peyronies for a couple of years before opting for an implant. I got mine in December 2016 so it is relatively new to me. I sure wouldn't mind talking with you either here or by personal message.

Look forward to more conversations with you.

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

dg_moore

Re: Introduction Of LemKE

Postby dg_moore » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:26 pm

willislem wrote:...How do you actually get back in the game as far as the intimacy is concerned
LemKe

This can be complicated. Before I got my implant in 2008 my internist, who is also an old friend, told me that couples who have been asexual for some time often never get it going again. Even though my case is somewhat atypical in that a stroke took away my libido, my doc was right - we never did resume intimacy. While there are therapists who can help with these issues, in our case neither of us was interested so we did not pursue it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”