This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Robert-CA

Postby Robert-CA » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:40 pm

I had a radical prostatectomy in October, and I'm dealing with issues of ED and incontinence. I've tried vacuum pumps but was completely unsatisfied with the results. I'm scheduled to see my urologist next week to try injections.

I just wanted to say hello, and hopefully get more acquainted over time.

jonbaldbg

Re: New member

Postby jonbaldbg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Hello Robert and welcome,

You'll find just about anything and everything here and a lot of guys willing to share their experience with you.

It pays to read a lot to get a good overall view of these topics. For instance, IMPLANTS... there are guys that are thrilled with theirs and some guys who had problems. It does vary but if you read enough you'll learn what you need to know.

I never did the pump, but I did the injections. First time I took an injection it was amazing. Over the course of the next 2 years, it quit working so well for me, because ED is progressive at least for me it is. Some guys go 10 years on injections and keep on trucking. My doctor swears the injections did not cause it, but I developed Peyronies after having been on injections a couple years. He is probably right.

But I ended up going bionic and am in the process of healing. I'm hoping I'm one of the satisfied ones. And, I hope you get good results in your journey too.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Robert-CA

Re: New member

Postby Robert-CA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I am finding a lot of useful information here.

So far I am satisfied with the injections, but it does take away any spontaneity. I will probably opt for an implant at some point. I hope you are happy with yours.

For anyone who is interested, I shared some of my own story, as well as a lot of information I gathered, on my girlfriend's coaching site:

http://www.intimateoutcomescoaching.com ... te-cancer/

(It was originally posted a couple of months ago, but I updated it as things progress.)

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”