This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
longdayze

Postby longdayze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi, EJ here, new to this forum group. I have an appointment the first week of December to discuss options and which devise. I have read many of your post and confused on which to go with, Coloplast Titan OTR or the AMS LGX? I guess they both are different but each has its advantages vs. the other. Anyone who can tell me why they chose one over the other would be appreciated. This is a major decision, and hope to be satisfied with the results, as well as the Mrs.
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Newbie

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:31 pm

EJ,
Welcome ... there is no huge advantage of one over the other ... see if this helps:

Implant comparison: Coloplast vs AMS for Penile Implants (Dr. Andrew Kramer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PPId-OVzag
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Well, now I wish I had saved my Email from Dr. Kramer. I have read about the two brands on this board. Some doctors prefer one over the other, sometimes due because they are bed with a certain company. At the University of Maryland, Dr. Kramer is not allowed to take sides of one brand over the other. In his email, he gave me the percentages and it was somewhere around 60/40 or 50/50.

The Coloplast is harder is one thing I know and I believe it leaves you in a bit harder state when flaccid. The AMS LGX is good for getting maximum length is the way I understand it.

My junk is fairly small and I was concerned to not lose any length and Dr. Kramer used the AMS on me. After the surgery, he left me at 20% inflation intentionally. I guess I'm still 20% inflated and flaccid my penis is still hard. I can't imagine how good it's going to be when I activate the device. What I'm saying is the AMS will get you plenty hard.

I'm not sure but I might have read that the Coloplast was better for larger penises, but don't hold me to that. If you are considering using Dr. Kramer, email him. He will be glad to advise you. And he will use whatever brand you want if you specify.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks for the input guys, I have to make chose the 1st week of December, getting excited to join this band of bionic brothers. The video was interesting but now I am more confused, the only real difference is your penis in the flaccid state and AMS sells 70% of the implants vs. Coloplast 30%. I'm a grower, not a shower but assume if I go with the Coloplast Titan OTR, my status will be changing to a shower, ha!!,
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:26 pm

I thought even with my AMS that I'd be a shower too, but even at 20% inflation, I'm not that much of a shower. Moreso than before the implant, but I'm expecting much more once I inflate. I expect it to be longer like it was in my video while inflated during surgery. If you want to see my surgery, I'll give you the link.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Send the link, I've saw several on YouTube but be interesting to see PUP vs. what you say your at with 20% pump.

Sam

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:31 pm

My feeling is to go with the one in which the urologist performing the surgery is the most familiar. My urologist preferred the Titan Touch and an infrapubic (versus penoscrotal) procedure, so that's what I went with. I am extremely happy with everything.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks Charles,
The doctor I'm seeing is listed on the Coloplast website and also saw him performing a implant on a YouTube video, the titan otr. It looked so so painfull, but after seeing it pumped up It was impressive to say the least.

Sam

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”