Hello. waiting for 3rd implant

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Broken

Hello. waiting for 3rd implant

Postby Broken » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi,
I am new to forum as of 2 days ago (July 2). Happy 4th to whom it applies. :)

I had an LGX implanted Feb 2014. it had a flaky pump and I had adhesion issues, many I could free up but not one of the lines.

In Aug 2014 I had surgery to free up the line and reposition the pump which the surgeon thought was okay. It was unfortunate they didn't change it then because the pump became increasingly difficult to flip to fill mode over time. Also, it had some leak-back. :|

in May 2016 I had the LGX replaced when the flaky pump finally quit for good. it got infected and removed a month later, I now have a malleable as a placeholder but only on one side since the other side was too inflamed. Because the temporary implant is in one side, my penis is tilted at the tip and rotated just about 90 degrees. :cry:

When I get another LGX I will go out of town and have either Eid or Kramer do it (this is my plan at this time).

Broken

Re: Hello. waiting for 3rd implant

Postby Broken » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:31 am

Dr Kramer is going to do the procedure the end of this month.
He was so accessible and friendly and even gave his cell number to call.
I'm very optimistic now.... it's been a great relief to talk to him.
We'll see how it goes.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Broken wrote:Dr Kramer is going to do the procedure the end of this month.
He was so accessible and friendly and even gave his cell number to call.
I'm very optimistic now.... it's been a great relief to talk to him.
We'll see how it goes.

Congratulations on finding a Doctor in whom you can have confidence and my sympathies on your prior difficulties.

I feel similar to you (in an extremely minor way) in that my untreated ED finally troubled me enough to approach my primary care Doc and my girlfriend about it. Now that the ice is broken, the relief I have found with the support of the medical sites and this forum is TREMENDOUS (to me - nothing like how you must feel)

Good luck

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Broken

Postby Broken » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:48 am

Thanks for the support you guys.

I never would have imagined that from February 2014 to July 2016 (the upcoming surgery by Dr Kramer)
I will have had 5 operations, a week in the hospital, and 4 implants if you count the one-sided malleable. :o
I hope mini-me can handle this cutting.

(1) 1st LGX
(2) pump and line reposition
(3) 2nd LGX after pump in 1st failed
(4) removal of infected 2nd LGX, washout, and replace with malleable
(5) replace malleable with 3rd LGX

:shock:

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:03 pm

These forums then have (I hope!) really saved you- if you're going to Dr. Kramer I really think while he's accessible, yes, he's also surgically outstanding and if anyone can fix you- he can

Broken

Postby Broken » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:47 pm

stringerbell wrote:These forums then have (I hope!) really saved you- if you're going to Dr. Kramer I really think while he's accessible, yes, he's also surgically outstanding and if anyone can fix you- he can

Yes, absolutely without a doubt it has.

If I hadn't heard about these doctors on this forum I would have waited as advised and it would be too late.

Broken

Postby Broken » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:10 pm

So Dr. Kramer did the implant surgery on Wednesday July 27 and he was able to make space for a CXR.

An LGX wouldn't fit anymore due to scarring from the infection that ran so long. But I'm happy to have an
inflatable in place of the malleable Spectra I had on one side. It was on one side because the previous surgeon
couldn't get a Spectra into the other side during the salvage surgery. I told Dr. Kramer if he couldn't get an
inflatable in both sides then I wanted nothing in there. And he was able to do it and I'm so thankful that he could.
He has a video of the procedure on his web site "Single Sided Semi-rigid to Both..."

He was really friendly and easy to reach by email and cell. He even came to my hotel room today (2 days
after surgery) to make sure I was okay before I fly back home tomorrow. When's the last time you heard
of a house call? :D

Edit Aug 1: it seems the title has been renamed to "Getting in Two Cylinders From a Single Semirigid"
Last edited by Broken on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broken

Postby Broken » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:05 pm

I had the one sided semirigid from June 26 to July 27 2016.
June 26 was a washout/salvage where they removed an infected LGX but could only get a Spectra in one side.

I was told to wait 6 months before trying to get another inflatable in there.
I didn't think I should wait and neither did Dr Eid and Dr. Kramer.

On July 27 Dr. Kramer removed the semirigid Spectra and put in a CXR.
Yes, I do feel good now :-)

My video was uploaded on July 28... not to be confused with another one-sided case that's 9 months older.
The title is in my previous post (it was renamed after it was initially added)

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks for your frankness and willingness to share, your operation was encouraging because it looked like a surgery that might be very tough and maybe impossible. Glad your doc got a cylinder into that side where nothing was left in after an infection. You must be elated. Sorry if I missed it, but who did the final surgery where the two inflatables were inserted? It looks like a Kramer job based on the fact that there's a video and it's an extremely hard re-do, but I didn't see for sure.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Amazing the doctor could help you out on this situation. It's a lot to endure, and I hope you enjoy your new gear! Keep us posted!

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”