Just joined

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
brian22

Just joined

Postby brian22 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Hello, everyone. Decided to join this board as I've been reading it for a couple of weeks now as I prepared for my implant (last Friday, one incision in scrotum; Coloplast implant). Your comments, questions, and photos have all been most helpful: sometimes providing new information, sometimes just needed reassurance. A bit about myself: 62, married a long time with such an understanding wife, ED since mid-90's, worked my way to the ineffective end of all the pills, so tried injections. Worked very well 'till last fall. Until last winter, I never ever could imagine myself with an implant, but got one now. Even the morning of surgery, while I walked to the hospital, I wondered what in the world am I doing? Glad I did, but will be so happy when the initial swelling and bruising have subsided. Bit of a worry-wort, so have to try not to worry about losing the implant to possible infection (no evidence of any thus far, and no reason to think that I have). Very happy with my surgeon, as well. Young man (30's, I think), who gave me all the time I wanted to ask questions. Also, he answers promptly email, so that has been very helpful too, as I walk mostly blind through this experience. Hope that I can in some way contribute to others as I continue to read the topics on FrankTalk. So, again, thank you every one of for sharing your stories and comforting others.

Cheers,

Brian.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: Just joined

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Tue May 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Brian:

First a big welcome to the clan at FrankTalk!! This is a good place as you have come to understand! Glad the surgery went well and you have begun the healing process. Please connect with the Implant Discussion when you have ?'s or want to seek guidance. Also feel free to join the chat room and ask away. I am not bionic but, like you, have learned a lot from guys willing to share and post pics.

I can guess some of the ?'s you will get; what caused your ED and why did you choose the coloplast? Answer as you wish and post a pic if you want. Know that many will benefit from joining and posts. Even those of us who do not (yet) need an implant watch and learn as we may need the information.

WE all celebrate your decision and willingness to join and wish you a speedy recovery and lots of "up" and "hards" in the near future.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 am

Brian: Welcome there are quite a few bionic dicks here. Im not that yet. I know these guys are willing to walk with you through your healing process. Welcome here and hope you join us in the chat room some times.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

brian22

Postby brian22 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 pm

You certainly make one feel welcome! Will now make my first post on the appropriate topcic. Thanks for the welcome!
Brian.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”