Introducting my self

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
mercermo

Introducting my self

Postby mercermo » Sun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Greetings,
My name is Mark; I live in Port Townsend, Washington; and just joined the FrankTalk fray this morning. I had prostate surgery on March 28, which went well, and got a PSA count that showed I am 'cancer-free' (until the next blood test, anyway) on May 10. I have been recuperating here in scenic PT-by-the-sea, luxuriating in the loving care of my wife and a full two months at home. (When we moved to PT in June of 2010, I kept my job with the state's emergency management division located south of Tacoma. It's a little too far for a daily commute, so I've been apartment-dwelling over there during the week and coming home on the weekends--this two months at home has been a real treat.) Having dodged the cancer bullet, the focus turns now to working (I'm starting back in this Monday, May 23) and continuing recovery from my operation's two primary side-effects, incontinence and impotence. I'll be back later--today, or this week--but, in signing off, Paul wanted to know where I'd learned about Franktalk. The answer is from a fellow worker who had exactly the same symtoms, health care provider and surgery as me. He had his surgery last September, was back to work in a month and has been very successful in dealing with his incontinence and impotence--so he is my inspiration and role model.
---clem

Cajun Jeff

Re: Introducting my self

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Mark: Welcome to FT. Good luck on your return to work. I hope your mentor is going to give you good luck on your recovery from incontinence and impotence or as we say here ED. :D Know that every one is different and we all heal at a different rate. You could be faster or you could be slower only time will tell. Know that we are here to walk with you in this journey.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun May 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Mark,

Let me join Jeff in welcoming you to Frank Talk. We're all here to learn from and support each other. Look forward to hearning more from you. Join us in the Chat Room when you have a chance. It's a hoot, believe me.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun May 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Merc,

Hey I like that 2 months off idea. Public sector employment Rocks! I only had 1 month off -- pretty nice except for the catheter and incontinence and ED ... OK so maybe not so nice after all.

So what does your Doc have you doing about ED? Pills, Pump?? Prick?? (or MUSE or Trimix-Gel even).

I have to say that after 2+ years of ED (and very little sign of recovering) I am getting many more and better erections now than before surgery -- Better Erections Thru Chemistry as they say.

Welcome to the group ...

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”