Greetings

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
elotro

Greetings

Postby elotro » Tue May 17, 2011 8:18 am

I'm a new member and this is my first post. I'm using a penile implant as a result of impotence after prostate surgery. Looking forward to learning about others' experiences using this type of device.

ohohiakane

Re: Greetings

Postby ohohiakane » Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Welcome Elotro,
I am BIll, 72, Married, In Michigan. My ED is the result of surgery for Abdominal Aorta Aneursym (AAA)... my solution is now injections of Trimix.
I am certain you will get many responses from other bionic implant recipients.
The Chatroom is a great place to get to know some of the guys here, it friendly, frank and often funny. Join us there.
My Email is Ohohiakane@yahoo.com

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

barfinkl1

Re: Greetings

Postby barfinkl1 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Greetings to you...I'm a prostate cancer survivor and have been considering an implant. Pills do nothing for me but injections work, so I've stuck with them (no pun intended...well, maybe). My wife and I have an appointment with my urologist on Friday and he wants to talk about implants. What kind did you get? Please tell us more about yourself...e.g., your age, etc. I think they'll want you to do the posting for implants in the implant forum, but I would think you could tell us about yourself, if you want to, in this forum. These are a good bunch of guys and will give you no-nonsense answers to your questions. We're all learning each and every day about whatever it is we're asking. I'd recommend you go thru each and every forum and look at the info there. It's good stuff. I think you'll find you have more in common with most of these guys than you would have ever thought, regardless of any age differences. Good luck with that implant.

Regards,
Steve
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

Dave48003

Welcome to the brotherhood

Postby Dave48003 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Name here is Dave, also from Michigan. I'm soon to be 60, ED since a teen due to injury and the leakage it caused. That was compounded by HBP and diabetes along with the meds for them. Got an AMS700LGX implanted on St. Paddy's day this year, so about 9 weeks ago now. You can read my whole story and see the pictures in the implant forums. I'm one of the resident smart asses ;) in the forum, we have a lot of fun, exchange a lot of experiences and advice, and support the heck out of each other. This site has no equal.

I'd encourage you to at least give us the Reader's Digest version of your story in the implant forum. You don't have to be as detailed and graphic as I was or some of the other guys who aren't shy, but we all pull from each other's experience, and you may have one that none of us has, so jump in.

Look forward to chatting with you in the chatroom.
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”