Hi

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
etienne

Hi

Postby etienne » Thu May 12, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm glad I found this forum. I came across it in a Yahoo Group, where a number of men were discussing the after effects of a prostate operation. And as that has been done to me a couple of months ago my attention was drawn. My no longer having a visible ejaculation is something that I find stressful. I know the operation had to be done, but I would have liked a bit more guidance from the urologist. He had told me this would happen, but had done so jokingly, saying that it would be a lot more hygienic. I feel a basic part of my manhood has been taken away from me. When a woman has her breast removed there are all sorts of councellors who help the woman cope emotionally, but nothing exists for men as far as I know.

antelope

Re: Hi

Postby antelope » Thu May 12, 2011 9:28 pm

You've come to the right place, Etienne. There are lots of guys here who stand ready to answer all of your questions. Watch this space for good info and support. And come join us in the Chat room when you have a chance.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Etienne, you are exactly correct. We are in most cases told almost nothing about the consequences of our surgery and almost no help with how to recover or deal with the new normal. You will find that the guys here are direct and so willing to help you. As Greg said try to join us in the chat room. There are no specific times it is hit and miss as to when to find others in the room.

Best of luck with you healing process. I was one of those PCa surgery guys as well. I feel your pain for sure.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

padraig1001

Postby padraig1001 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:16 am

Hi Etienne,

I was in chat when you dropped in for you short visit last night. Welcome! I've been coming to this site for just a few weeks and already feel as though I've made some very good friends . . . we're able to talk about things that I've never had the opportunity in the past. It's truly a great site . . . I'm 69 years old and I cannot believe what I've learned already; I think I must have had my head in the sand for those past 69 years!

I agree about the surgery, though my urologist was pretty up-front. The ONE thing that he did not tell me was that I would lose about an inch due to surgery . . . that's a real wake-upwhen one is not very well endowed to begin with. :x

My surgery was 15 years ago so things were very different then. I went to the men's clinic trying to get help with an erection but nothing seemed to work. I was too naive at the time to just keep at it. IF I had been on this site, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have give up so quickly.

About two months ago I began working with a VED (pump) and see that little guy rise for the first time in 15 years. It was joyous! :D I wanted to hollar out the window, but thinking my neighbors might not understand! ;)

Hope to visit with you in Chat some time. I see with your time zone, earlier works better . . . it's pretty quiet during the early part of the evening, but you'll usually find one or two if you log in and wait. I won't be back until Tuesday night as my wife and I are headed out for Las Vegas for a long weekend! (BTW, I'm hoping the pump is workin' tonight!)

Again, welcome . . . and, don't forget . . . this IS FrankTalk and the talk is FRANK! :lol:

Pat

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”