New guy

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
tarheel

New guy

Postby tarheel » Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 pm

New guy here.Just met with Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt on Mon.I am set up to have implant done on June 9th.I have quite a bit of anxiety.I am 49 yrs. old and have had peyronies for about 4 yrs.Hoping this will take care of the problem.I have been following the discussion forum for awhile as a guest.Wanted to open up some lines of communication because I know I will have some questions following the surgery.Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

regain-is-the-aim

Re: New guy

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Tarheel:

Welcome and may I suggest you also post this under implants. There are a number of members of this clan who are bionic and will welcome you. Once posted there I am sure they will answer, encourage and cheer you on. You also may find it helpful to read thru any number of posts on the experiences those guys have had. A number of posts have pics. of before and after. Everything shows, as you know, this is a major surgery on your favorite part but that it is also doable and you should be fine.

Although I am not bionic I extend my welcome and assure you that you are in a good place. These guys have been a great support to me and together we encourage and cheer each other on as we try to deal with this nasty thing called ED. Regardless of the reason for the ED, I am PCa, we all face the same issues and while there is no one "cure" it can be managed. Your decision is made and now on to surgery and let the healing begin- then you can let the games begin with a new bionic part and attitude!

Again, welcome!!

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu May 12, 2011 10:08 am

Good morning Tarheel,

Congratulations on your decision to move foward with your implant. Although I am not in the Bionic Boner Brotherhood, I can assure you that there are plenty of guys on this site who can and will answer any--and I mean any--questions you have both before and after your big day. Dick is right--maybe you should repost your note under "implants". You might also want to drop in the Chat room and meet some of the guys. We do our fair share of kidding around in there, but we also deal with some serious stuff. It's a good place to get "live" feedback from those who have gone before you.

Best wishes. We're cheering you on.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm

tarheel, You probably already know that several guys have been made hard by your Dr. I'm sure some of the will jump in. Congrats on taking the next step.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”