31 year old para...

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
superwheels

31 year old para...

Postby superwheels » Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Hello everyone. I'm 31 and paralyzed from the waist down. I've been using the injections. But would like to get something that can be more spontanious. Plus the injections don't work that well. I've talked with a urologist before and he said that with me being younger then 55 he.wouldn't do the implant... So here I am single and every sexual experience since my accident has been a sad one. I have no feeling in my man parts. And I'm confined to a wheelchair. And impotent. One of those can be fixed with a implant. And will be talking with a new Dr on Friday. Are there any people on here like me? Would like to read or talk with someone in a similar position as me. Thanks

regain-is-the-aim

Re: 31 year old para...

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Mon May 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Super:

Welcome. It is nice to have you amongst us. You are probably not too young for an implant as at least 2 guys here have implants and are younger than even you. Both have a different story but the same resulting ED. Colin who posts as Minnesota had his implant done at Mayo's and is very happy. I am sure you can send him a private message and he will be willing to talk with you. As I remember, because of his young age, he had a Titan implant (one of two available).

I hope your new doc has a different attitude and it is good to get a second opinion. With your paralysis, there may be unique issues and I am not a doc; but it is good to be aggressive and ask questions for it's your sex life and fun. You should be in charge! There a number of guys here with implants and I'm sure they will be helpful. As you wish, please join us in the chat room and enjoy the banter and ask ?'s.

Again, welcome!

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

barfinkl1

Re: 31 year old para...

Postby barfinkl1 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Gladl you're seeking a new urologist. The one you have certainly isn't tuned in to your problem. Much success.

Steve
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”