31 year old para...

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
superwheels

31 year old para...

Postby superwheels » Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello everyone. I'm 31 and paralyzed from the waist down. I've been using the injections. But would like to get something that can be more spontanious. Plus the injections don't work that well. I've talked with a urologist before and he said that with me being younger then 55 he.wouldn't do the implant... So here I am single and every sexual experience since my accident has been a sad one. I have no feeling in my man parts. And I'm confined to a wheelchair. And impotent. One of those can be fixed with a implant. And will be talking with a new Dr on Friday. Are there any people on here like me? Would like to read or talk with someone in a similar position as me. Thanks

antelope

Re: 31 year old para...

Postby antelope » Mon May 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Super,

Stand by. there are a couple of very young guys with implants who have so commented on this forum. I'm sure they will reply. Sorry to hear the injections are not working. Have you tried different formulations? Bimix, trimix, quadmix, and even the different ratios in each of those? It may be worth checking into.

Good luck. Keep in touch.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

superwheels

Postby superwheels » Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm

I have only used edex in different doses. The outcome of all attempts was a fairly hard erection that lost its hardness fairly quick during sex. And also the length of time it was erect became the down point to adding more. hard on for 4.5 hours.. so time to go another route in my opinion.

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 pm

I've got a decade of age on you... but even when I saw a doc about an implant, he had no issues about my being under the 50 year old mark.
I think you're doing the right thing seeing another doctor!
The one thing you'll have to take into consideration, is that implants do not last forever. It's feasible that you could need 2 or 3 replacements in your lifetime.

Good luck and let us know how the next apppointment goes.

Greg
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

superwheels

Postby superwheels » Mon May 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Ya I'm not worried about getting replacement parts. I just need the ability to be spontanious. Girls my age are looking for excitement and I want to be able to perform when the time arises ill keep up dates and when.I get the go-ahead from the Dr ill start a thread about my exp.

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon May 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Well, super, if you've only used EDEX, then there's a whole array of alternatives in the injection world. Study up and ask about some of those. You may be able to postpone the surgery. Just saying.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey super,

About a year ago, before I got my implant, I ran into a girl at a party a friend of mine had. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm 58 and happily married and my wife was there, but get a few drinks in me, and I'm a conversationalist.

Any rate, it turns out she was the daughter of the best friend of the lady throwing the party (my friend). His name was also Dave, and I had met him several times previously, but this was the first time meeting his daughter. As we spoke, it turns out she worked for a urologist who did implants and was very well informed about injections, implants, etc. We had quite a conversation.

Anyway, her father is also a paraplegic who has an implant. He fathered her with an implant. She is in her mid 20's and Dave is around 50, so he was under 30 with an implant when he fathered her. I think he is on his 3rd now. So, tell your doctor he can go without sex until he's 50 if he wants to, but you have no intention of doing so. This is a completely arbitrary rule on his part, there is no practical reason anyone who has reached adulthood could not be implanted and updated every 10 to 20 years for the rest of his life. This isn't like knee replacement, where a chunk of bone has to be taken with every update.

Go for the wood!
Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”