Hello from a the heart of Texas

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Abovedmc

Hello from a the heart of Texas

Postby Abovedmc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 pm

I am an active 76 year old man eighteen months post radical cystectomy due to a bladder cancer that wouldn't go away with ordinary treatments. My surgery was done by an excellent physician at M D Anderson Hospital but in order to clear all possibilities of cancer returning it was non-nerve sparing. So the good news is that I have been cancer free on all post surgical checkups. The not so good news is loss of erectile functioning. I have consulted with ED physicians in Houston and with my local urologist and they have both recommended a penile implant. My local urologist said he had done over one hundred of the surgeries and most of his patients were pleased with the result. I have been reading about the procedure online and have seen a couple of videos of the procedure, but I am left with the question of whether I should take the risk of complications and possible infection for the possibility of renewing a more intimate sexual relation with my very sweet and understanding wife. I tried doing penile injections, but injections seemed way too complicated and anxiety producing. I am interested reading about other men's experience and finding out what the up sides and down sides are to the the implants.
77 y/o with complete ED after bladder and prostate removal due to bladder cancer. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX 6/27/14 by Dr. Horan in Austin. Very happy with results.

ohohiakane

Re: Hello from a the heart of Texas

Postby ohohiakane » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Abovedmc...

I felt the same about injections when first advised of them from my urologist. Much too icky thinking of stabbing little willie with a needle.

That was a little more than a year ago... I is surprising how fast I adjusted to the thought, and how great the success of trimix injections have been.

Unlike the pills that became unreliable, and all of their special requirements, (eating/drinking/waiting), Trimix is a small poke and magically the boner just happens. PLUS... even after my orgasm, it stays hard for about an hour or so.... When was last time you did a DOUBLE HEADER ?

My initial injection was at uro's office, and when It worked, you could not slap the grin off my face !!!

I am sure you will make your own decision about your next step.... injections are NOT a big, complicated step. I urge you to at least try it.
You can save money too... My cost for 500 units of Trimix is $95. .... I use 3 to 4 units each time ... you can do that math! ( *its less than $1.00 each)

You can see my post with photos of my injection and results by putting OHOHIA'S REPLACEMENT POST in any search box here at Frank Talk.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well !!!

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Abovedmc,

I would encourage you to go forward with your implant surgery. I never worried about any side effects or problems because the percentage of infection rate is very low (2%-3%) BUT sure enough, I got an infection three weeks after my first surgery (surgery was on July 9, 2013). I went back into the hospital on August 5 and they redid the surgery...removed all the pieces of the implant (tubes from penis, pump from scrotum and reservoir from abdomen), flushed those areas out with five different antibiotics and installed a new implant. After four weeks of healing and additional antibiotic treatments, ALL IS WELL and I am completely healed and it is great to have a penis that gets erect and looks VERY natural. Unless I let you feel the pump in my scrotum, you would not be able to tell that I have an implant.

GO FOR IT. As long as your doctor(S) feel you're in good health take the chance. You won't regret the decision....I sure haven't, even with my additional infection situation I had to deal with.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions. I can only share from my experience but I'm willing to share my experience.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

Abovedmc

Postby Abovedmc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:04 am

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your supportive post even after an infection. Your experience is very reassuring. I got implant three days ago and am figuring out how to manage semi inflated member in terms of minimizing discomfort while I heal. This group has provided some good ideas.

Abovedmc
77 y/o with complete ED after bladder and prostate removal due to bladder cancer. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX 6/27/14 by Dr. Horan in Austin. Very happy with results.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:26 am

Abovedmc wrote:Dear Bob,

Thanks for your supportive post even after an infection. Your experience is very reassuring. I got implant three days ago and am figuring out how to manage semi inflated member in terms of minimizing discomfort while I heal. This group has provided some good ideas.

Abovedmc

The key to a successful implant is to find the very best and most experienced surgeon you can. There is nothing that substitutes for experience to ensure you get a correct fit and to minimize the likelihood of infection. You won't regret the decision.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”