Hello from BC

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Ahknaten

Hello from BC

Postby Ahknaten » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi Guys
I live in British Columbia and am 38 years old. I have had ED since I was young as far back when kids compare dicks and boners; I could not get it all the way and that was 26 years ago. I was born with the artery on my left side of my penis too narrow to allow enough blood in for an erection. I found this out 5 years ago after cock rings, shoelacing, pills that didn’t work and injections that really work but had priapism for the third time just recently. The dose I was on before was 0.25 mL of 40 mcg/mL injection was perfect no complaints actually I really liked it then the priapism happened for 33.5 hours. Now I require a minimum of 0.6 mL just for a hard on under 30 minutes unlike 1.5 hours rock solid like before. My urologist told me once the injection stops working then the next step is a malleable rod. He told me that 5 years ago. So I had some time to think that over and I am not too stressed about it, for now anyway. I have another appointment with him TBS. I also have other penile issues I restored my foreskin I don’t know what the surgery will do to that. I have lots of questions and am happy there is a support group here. Ahknaten
SEMPER IN EXCRETIA SUMUS SOLIM PROFUNDUM VARIAT

WE'RE ALWAYS IN THE MANURE; ONLY THE DEPTH VARIES

radiodec

Re: Hello from BC

Postby radiodec » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 am

Is there a reasom to not use yhe Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (IPP)? Look in the implants section for more information. Mention the IPP to your urologidt, they are supposed to be more natural feeling and easier to conceal when not in use. In fact the information here seems to indicate that they are nearly undetectable even in use. They just look and feel natural. Manufacturers are AMS and Ultrex.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Ahknaten

Inflatable inplants

Postby Ahknaten » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi

Yes I researched inflatables but I believe Provincial Health Care only covers malleable rod implants. Unless I can get a special authorization from the province it looks like I have only one choice.

Researching malleable rods they seem to go well with men that have average to small penises. I will talk to my urologist and see if my 7" girth will be sufficient for a special authorization from the province.

I dont have extended benefits ie supplemental insurance but considering purchasing some just in case before a reccomendation of an implant goes on my medical record. If I purchase it after they will not cover the inflatable device.

Damn health care! Cant compplain though everything is free.
SEMPER IN EXCRETIA SUMUS SOLIM PROFUNDUM VARIAT

WE'RE ALWAYS IN THE MANURE; ONLY THE DEPTH VARIES

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 am

Ahknaten wrote:I restored my foreskin I don’t know what the surgery will do to that

I have been told that the glans protrudes just a bit from inside the restored foreskin after getting an inflatable penile implant/prosthesis because the flaccid/uninflated length is closer to the erect/inflated length, and a restored foreskin does not have the natural ridged band of muscle that helps keep the foreskin "puckered."

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Your implant will not affect your restored foreskin and congratulations on doing that successfully. I've a friend who restored in 1 1/2 years. Last week he went to the doc for testosterone implants in his bum. The doc told him "nice foreskin by the way". the ultimate compliment. I met him a number of years ago on another forum where he mentioned that he was likely the only one there who had restored. I tried restoring for 5 years with little progress ( 1/2 covered) then found I had health issues that kept my body from growing more skin. A LONG time doing nothing after the prostatectomy and I lost most of it. I've gotten past the issue that kept me from growing skin I think, fingers crossed next labs come out well, and hope after I get the implant settled that I can complete the job I started 15 years ago. There is enough loose skin after this implant I can pull it an inch past the end of the glans. Hopefully another implant will put me where I started and I can work on it again. I've still all the devices I built over the years. Good luck with whatever route you go with. Considering my implant feels like a rubber chicken, I am starting to think that a rod would not have been any worse alternative. Worst case it could help keep the corpora from occluding with scar tissue so it would be easy to put in an inflatable at a later date should opportunity arise. Do you get hard round feeling knots in your penis?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

hypogonadal

Postby hypogonadal » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Hello from Saskatchewan, fellow Canadian.

I feel your pain, my ED started at a young age too.

I read in Ontario the government funds the operation, but you still have to pay around 8000. You could move to Ontario :)

Good luck and you can read stories of other members who are having much success (which surprised me) in the implant section.
31 Years old. ED since I was 15/16. Diagnosed with hypogonadism/venous leak at 31. On Clomid/Arimidex mix for HRT. Cured for a week then it stopped. In process to find a solution. Lifelong nightmare but I waited a decade + to get help.

2451cs

Postby 2451cs » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:13 pm

From Ontario. Had my AMS 700CX done Apr 2014. Dr. Brock, London, ON. No cost. I think it's the only hospital in Ontario now doing them without a cost.
Radical Prostatectomy Aug 1999 (age 48); Implant AMS 700 CX, Apr 2014, Dr. Brock, London, Ontario

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”