Peyronie's disease shocker.

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
DougAnd

Peyronie's disease shocker.

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 pm

This has not been a good week. Less than 3 weeks till implant surgery. Doppler test shows heavy scarring and plaque everywhere. In my mind I see the big perfectly formed 7 " erection in the acrylic tube. Inside it's more like stonehenge. I fully expected the implant to just fit in like fingers in a glove. Peyronie's does not work that way. One minute my surgeon was agreeing with maximum stretch during measurement. The next he looked at my test results and said, That will cause rubbing. Ordered more test. I was in shock to dazed to ask questions. My guardian angel LGX RN put things in perspective today. So I looked it up online tonight to fill in some blanks. Keep in mind that my surgeon has not confirmed that this is my case, but from his reaction it must be close.
You long timers please help out here. From what I've read ED shrinks you in several ways. One is obvious: length. I fixed that with VED, 5.5 to 7 inches. The worse not so obvious part is inside. The ends of your Corpora and surrounding Tunica shrink too. And they do not stretch out with the VED. Breaking through the Tunica to the bone is ok the RTEs aren't going through that. But at the Glans? No can't do that. The implant would eventually come out of your penis head. So you end up much shorter and with permanent floppy head. My RN told me that is not uncommon and there is nothing you can do about it. You can't stretch out the Tunica without a lot of cutting and graphs and you cannot restore its lost length.And infection rates are very high.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? My Doctor did make it plain to me that the plaque and scarring was everywhere and very severe. I dread what his these are your options talk is going to say. Does anyone have a word of cheer? I could use that right now.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

ED2013

Re: Peyronie's disease shocker.

Postby ED2013 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Get another opinion. If they’re telling you about floppy head, run. You shouldn’t have that with a competent surgeon, even with peyronies.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 pm

One doctor, I forgot who, told me they could hear the crunching noise when they work through those plaqued up areas putting implants in. When I saw doctor Dr. James Rybak in Belleville Illinois (real nice guy), I asked him if the lack of blood circulation compounded by the scaring causes calcification in the corporal bodies like the calcification in lymph nodes. He said exactly like that. He said sometimes they cut open the corporara and take out what is just like bone inside. That is to the extreme side. There are tools called cavertomes that come in many styles and sizes. Some are just like a rasp to break up the scarring. Some are smooth and tapered. Some are two pieces they drive another through to wedge it open. If you have a urologist not familiar how to use these tools, find another. As best as I remember, a section of my implant surgery video with Dr. Kramer shows them opening up my cavernosa with the version that you shove one tool inside the other to break the scaring. Check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jdn0Eu3sGg Good doctors have a track record of treating peronies w/o the grafts. Grafts add time, money and risk but they can leave it perfect, or they can shrink. Dr. Kramer told me he could have gotten mine perfect with a graft and 2 more hours surgery but was it worth the risk? Cheers man. All is not lost till the ship sinks and everyone has drown. You are still on land yet.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Thank you all for the encouraging words. Tomorrow is my apt for the second opinion. Saw the tool you mentioned online. Sounds promising. Also They did a doppler test on me while flaccid. Should have been erect for a better look. I'm going to ask for the 2 other test that you need to know exactly what is what BEFORE the knife. A CT scan of the penis and an MRI both give details that the doppler does not. With all 3 there should be no question about what I am facing before I'm asleep and all hell breaks loose. Of course I was in shock and very emotional just trying to hold it together. May have it wrong entirely. But the only thing I can find online about "rubbing" the pertains to implants involves erosion of the Tunica causing it to burst. Or maybe he was talking about the implant rubbing against the plaque and failing? An LGX would rub more than a normal implant. Maybe. Anyway Dr Prody should be able to clear things up and hopefully I just misunderstood. But before I completely shut down with Dr Saracino I asked "We'll still do a max stretch during measurement, right? And he replied, That would cause rubbing. Anyone know what he meant for sure? Thanks
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 pm

I don't think you have too much to worry about. An experienced doctor who has put in a lot of implants have seen a lot of F'd up $#it. Likely 2/3rds have had ED for 20 years causing a lot of atrophy. Personally I do not think the CT or MRI will tell you much without injecting it and scanning it erect considering what you want to see. That still, I don't think will tell you what the cavertomes can do to clear the path. Many surgery videos show the doctor using long Metzenbaum scissors to clear the way too before the cavertomes. Often they use them to make sure the tips can fit into the glans also. Cavertomes come in a lot of different sizes. Some doctors will work their way up to get you the best fit. Bottom line, good experienced doctor, good fit. Part time coroner, full time veternarian, you are screwed. Implants come in many sizes including slender ones as I have posted before. You will be good unless your dick has lain on the railroad track and been run over by all 40 cars of a train. Keep in mind when looking at the attached picture, this is maximum inflated size, not the deflated size which is smaller. 500,000 cycles of inflation on the Coloplast.
Attachments
Titan vs AMS.jpg
Titan vs AMS.jpg (53.56 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:25 pm

500,000 cycles is 1369 years every single day. If I live 10 years, I am going to need to pump this sucker up 137 times a day to test their test! Who is up for trying?

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:13 am

Forgot about this post. So I went to my tag team surgeon and asked him to look over the test results. He glanced through then grabbed me and started squeezing and pulling. You are very soft and pliable, he said. If you had a problem I would feel it. So I grabbed myself and we both squeezed around.He was right, nothing hard at all no lumps etc. You'll do just fine , he said and that was it. I should have just asked the first one the right questions instead of going into shock when he mentioned Peyronies. Live and learn. Thanks guys

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 pm

My surgeon didn’t feel any scarring when he checked it out and did the stretch test. He did encounter scarring during surgery that took quite a bit of effort to get through.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 am

That's good to know, so I'm not out of the woods yet, but you did say he got through. That's what counts, I'll be out for that fun anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:01 am

alibaba wrote:I don't think you have too much to worry about. An experienced doctor who has put in a lot of implants have seen a lot of F'd up $#it. Likely 2/3rds have had ED for 20 years causing a lot of atrophy. Personally I do not think the CT or MRI will tell you much without injecting it and scanning it erect considering what you want to see. That still, I don't think will tell you what the cavertomes can do to clear the path. Many surgery videos show the doctor using long Metzenbaum scissors to clear the way too before the cavertomes. Often they use them to make sure the tips can fit into the glans also. Cavertomes come in a lot of different sizes. Some doctors will work their way up to get you the best fit. Bottom line, good experienced doctor, good fit. Part time coroner, full time veternarian, you are screwed. Implants come in many sizes including slender ones as I have posted before. You will be good unless your dick has lain on the railroad track and been run over by all 40 cars of a train. Keep in mind when looking at the attached picture, this is maximum inflated size, not the deflated size which is smaller. 500,000 cycles of inflation on the Coloplast.

Is that girth size EACH (so 42cm for the big guy)?

Larry

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”