Surgery upcoming

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
inspector525

Surgery upcoming

Postby inspector525 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:29 pm

I am scheduled for surgery in August. I have a couple of questions, if anyone could help. I travel a lot for work. I don’t do physical labor, just a lot of walking. Can anyone tell me about how long I will be off work? Second question is about pain. What can I expect. I am having a Coloplast implant done. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
My name is Mike. I am 64 years old. Had ED for 35 years. Finally with insurance to pay for surgery had it Aug 7. Pain was terrible first two day. Have Coloplast Titan. Dr Les McGowen , Memphis TN.

DougAnd

Re: Surgery upcoming

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:55 pm

DougAnd here. My surgery is Aug 8th. I've asked work to give me light duty for 6 weeks but I intend to do normal work asap. I will be off Wed Thurs and Fri and also have the weekend before going back to work on Monday. That is my plan maybe we can compare notes later. So I understand it should be no problem but every surgeon is different. I also have not seen my scarring scan yet. If I have a lot then my plans may change. The more surgery required the more pain I'm sure. good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

inspector525

Postby inspector525 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks Doug. My surgery is the day after yours. Will keep in touch.
My name is Mike. I am 64 years old. Had ED for 35 years. Finally with insurance to pay for surgery had it Aug 7. Pain was terrible first two day. Have Coloplast Titan. Dr Les McGowen , Memphis TN.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 am

I think 3 weeks at least if you walk a lot. Be sure and get loose pants and underwear that gives a lot of support and does not trap your junk so it falls between you legs as that motion against thing tender will make it worse. At first I could walk anywhere I wanted slowly but as heaviness turned to pain would have to sit down and rest a bit. You will feel like you have a heavy load down there for a while but by 3 months it will not feel weighty any more. I had times early on I just had to reach down and lift things a bit and that gave some relief. Best of luck boys. Wearing your pants a tad lower than usually helps at first too.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 am

I was only off for a week, but I had a mostly desk job. It really depends on what kind of work the guy does.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:34 am

Every one of us is different in our healing. I did not have any real pain, but plenty of discomfort. I was advised to lay flat for three days, with the exception of a few 10-15 minute walks each day. While walking I moved very stiffly and looked like I had been on a horse for hours, sort of bow-legged.

In order to minimize swelling and bruising, which can lead to pain, you are supposed to keep icing your scrotum until things have settled down. Also, many of us were left with a partial, but quite firm erection. It was difficult to camouflage mine for the first couple weeks until I healed a bit.

I was already retired when I had surgery, but my surgeon advised just very light activity for two weeks and then ease back into my routine. No lifting anything of consequence for a month. I followed that advice and all went well.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:05 am

DougAnd wrote:DougAnd here. My surgery is Aug 8th. I've asked work to give me light duty for 6 weeks but I intend to do normal work asap. I will be off Wed Thurs and Fri and also have the weekend before going back to work on Monday. That is my plan maybe we can compare notes later. So I understand it should be no problem but every surgeon is different. I also have not seen my scarring scan yet. If I have a lot then my plans may change. The more surgery required the more pain I'm sure. good luck

That sounds reasonable. Good luck. Hard times ahead :)

Larry

inspector525

Postby inspector525 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:42 pm

I am 3 days before surgery. I have had ED for 30 years and am a little skeptical about this surgery but know i have to in order to have some normalcy in life again. I really appreciate all the advice and encouragement. Thank you all

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:28 pm

I was retired by the time of my implant surgery, but had "mostly a desk job" when I worked. I believe I would have wanted a minimum or two weeks, but would have preferred three weeks. My surgeon had me up and walking several times a day for 10 minutes or so beginning the first day. I walked like I had been riding a horse all day. If you are telling co-workers your are having surgery, even if you say hernia repair, that would explain it. Also, I was left partially erect for the first several weeks. My penis is average in size and it was quite difficult to conceal it in the types of clothes I had to wear to my job. Also, there was not sufficient room in the crotch of those types of slacks for the pump to be comfortable at that stage where my balls were still adjusting to their new roommate. When I went to sit or stand, it was a careful procedure. Again, that could be explained if you tell people you had surgery. If you will have to use a men's room, also keep in mind if your penis is inflated, you will probably need to use a stall for awhile because it may be difficult to pee into a urinal, or if you can do that, you might put on a show if your dick is pointed up and there are not privacy walls between urinals.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

David64

Postby David64 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:54 am

The other thing to think about is bending over to pick things up. The first 2 weeks were difficult because of the pain from the location of the tubing for the reservoir.
My surgery was on a Friday and i was working on Monday... but i work from home, so i could wear as little as i wanted... Ice the first 72 hrs is very important. All the best...
I was implanted with an AMS 700 MS on July 6,2018. Dr Ratchford with Urology Associates in Grand Rapids MI. I love it. Being able to get hard when and where is great. I have T1D for 30 yrs. Struggled with ED for over 10yrs. Age 54.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”