Will I Be Shorter?

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
DougAnd

Will I Be Shorter?

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:48 am

DougAnd. Even with the best surgeon on earth the answer is yes. Your glans will not erect and the implant does not include the glans. So that is a loss of about 2 millimeters. Check out that measurement guys. You can hardly perceive it. Unless you have hidden internal issues that should be all you loose. More than that and your surgeon is not qualified to do implants. Period. Now I should say that a study in Italy of patients who had the LGX showed that they all grew in length at the time of surgery up to 4 tenths of an inch. The LGX when properly implanted with a full inflation by the surgeon after closing showed an increase in every patient. The biggest guys were 5.6 inches. They got the best results. NOTE! Using Coloplast or any other AMS except for the LGX will result in a permanent lifetime shrinkage of 2 millimeters in even the best cases. Keep in mind that you must have a MAX STRETCH MEASUREMENT during surgery and an implant that is exactly the same length to get these results. Also they must inflate your implant at least 50% before you leave the hospital and leave it inflated for about 14 days after. (Except when you are in public of course. Some inflate to 70# )
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

David_R

Re: Will I Be Shorter?

Postby David_R » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Glans engorgement is a different process from penis erection, I learned years ago at a prostate cancer support group's doctor's presentation. So some of us continue to have glans engorgement when aroused (I do) and some of us do not. I do not think that whether or not that happens has anything to do with the implant itself. (And some men have glans engorgement return after their RPPs but it doesn't happen immediately.)

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 pm

DougAnd,
I disagree. Prior to my implant surgery my erecting was down to 4.5”. I started out with 6.5”, but lost length over the years and especially after Prostate removal. I had 5” for a couple years and then Peyronies robbed me of another half inch. My surgeon told me all he could safely tell me he could provide for me was 4.5” because that was my stretch test length. After removing the Peyronies plaque, my penis regained some flexibility. Once I had fully recovered from surgery and my pump loosened up so I could get a max pump, my length is 6”. That is without glans engorgement. Following Prostate removal I have just had random engorgement. With time my implant may expand and it would be great if I ever get back to my god given size, but I am ecstatic with 6” when I expected the 4.5” from my stretch test.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 pm

DougAnd wrote:DougAnd. Even with the best surgeon on earth the answer is yes. Your glans will not erect and the implant does not include the glans. So that is a loss of about 2 millimeters. Check out that measurement guys. You can hardly perceive it. Unless you have hidden internal issues that should be all you loose. More than that and your surgeon is not qualified to do implants. Period. Now I should say that a study in Italy of patients who had the LGX showed that they all grew in length at the time of surgery up to 4 tenths of an inch. The LGX when properly implanted with a full inflation by the surgeon after closing showed an increase in every patient. The biggest guys were 5.6 inches. They got the best results. NOTE! Using Coloplast or any other AMS except for the LGX will result in a permanent lifetime shrinkage of 2 millimeters in even the best cases. Keep in mind that you must have a MAX STRETCH MEASUREMENT during surgery and an implant that is exactly the same length to get these results. Also they must inflate your implant at least 50% before you leave the hospital and leave it inflated for about 14 days after. (Except when you are in public of course. Some inflate to 70# )

Nope... I lost NOTHING and am not 1/2 longer and 3/4 inch thicker.

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for your wisdom guys. The LGX was designed for those who had severe scarring. I didn't realize that it actually works then too. So happy to hear that. Just wanted the newcomers to realise that if they let their surgeon choose their implant and it is not LGX they will be shorter no matter what if only a mm. I had read that if the surgeon does not fully dilate you or if the tissue grows back your glans engorgement will return. I didn't discuss this with my surgeon because I haven't had a glans engorgement anyway in years, not really missing it, yet.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 pm

The LGX is not for guys with severe scarring. It is their standard implant designed for length and girth expansion. You may be thinking of the CX model, often used for men with severe cases of Peyronies.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks for the correction. I was told that it was developed to stretch out scar tissue.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”