Choosing your surgeon

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
DougAnd

Choosing your surgeon

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 am

DougAnd. I am by no means an expert but I'd like to share my experiences. It took me 4 years to decide to have an implant, choose a type and find the right surgeon. I think with this help you can do much better.
1. Log onto edcure.org and put in your zip code. write down the nearest 5 surgeons.
2. Log onto the AMS and Coloplast websites and look over their products. I chose AMS 700 LGX and if you are a big guy it might not fit. Make a choice. This part is important so take your time and choose carefully.
3. Contact the customer rep (an RN) for AMS/Coloplast and tell them that you are trying to make an apt for implant surgery but are having some trouble. Ask them for the number of their local rep or give them your number and they will have her call you.She will also be an RN.
4. Tell her you have a short list of surgeons and ask if she has ever worked with any of the. NOTE: SHE WILL NOT RECOMMEND A SURGEON. Find out the one she works with most, He may not be on your list. Drive a little further, it will be worth it. Make an appointment with that guy. Call the RN back. Tell her that you want a maximum stretch measurement during surgery and an implant within 1 or 2 mm of that measurement. Tell her when your apt is and ask her to call the surgeon and tell him your wishes. INVITE HER TO BE PRESENT AT YOUR SURGERY. Very important. Tell her the date of your appt and ask her to call you back after she has talked to the surgeon. She will tell you if he has concerns. If so then ask her for her opinion, should you try for someone else. She will guide you to the best result.
5. Go to your appt. Mention your RN rep and sing her praises of him even if she didn't. Make something up She told me you are the best in her area, not to go to anyone else. etc.
6. DO NOT DISCUSS SIZE unless she has told you that the surgeon will show you that. Your mantra will be, I'm not worried about how big I will be, nature will determine that. I only want the max stretch measurement during surgery and an implant that is within 1 or 2 millimeters of that. You need to say this 2 or 3 times. My surgeon stretched out my penis and said "You will be this big."
That's it! Set the date and wait. Good luck.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

justanotherdrumber

Re: Choosing your surgeon

Postby justanotherdrumber » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 am

Sounds reasonable
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Rob1954

Postby Rob1954 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 am

DougAnd wrote:My surgeon stretched out my penis and said "You will be this big."

My surgeon has not seen or touched my penis and says he will be installing an AMS CX 18cm. with 3cm. interesting, eh?
ED 20 years. Tried all oral meds to full dose, futile. Injections for a year, disappointing results. Relatively fit, 20 lbs. overweight. Depression. Considering an implant.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:49 am

Rob1954 wrote:
DougAnd wrote:My surgeon stretched out my penis and said "You will be this big."

My surgeon has not seen or touched my penis and says he will be installing an AMS CX 18cm. with 3cm. interesting, eh?

And just what did he base this on??

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Rob I don't want to rock the boat buddy but this is you big chance and if an 18 cm fits then it should be an LGX. I'm with Larry Ask him why not, now. Some surgeons think that if you don't have excessive scarring then you don't need to be bigger. Shrinking you an inch is much easier for the surgeon. Of course it's your penis. Your choice.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 pm

DougAnd wrote:Rob I don't want to rock the boat buddy but this is you big chance and if an 18 cm fits then it should be an LGX. I'm with Larry Ask him why not, now. Some surgeons think that if you don't have excessive scarring then you don't need to be bigger. Shrinking you an inch is much easier for the surgeon. Of course it's your penis. Your choice.

Is the CMS easier to implant then the LGX. I don't understand.
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm not a surgeon so really can't say but looking at the many surgeries for different implants on youtube I don't think anyone is easier than any other. Coloplast is thicker so maybe easier.
Rob how can your doc tell you up front what he will use? He may guess the cylinder size but I would run over the RTE. That smacks of not a tight fit. You do not want a cookie cutter implant job. Just my opinion but you may want to get a second surgeon's opinion. Read through more posts if you are not convinced.

DougAnd

Re: Choosing your surgeon?

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:21 pm

I may need to revise my posts! Saw my surgeon. Today my test results were in. Peyronies disease.No big surprise for me I had shrunk to less then 5 and a half inches. But suddenly everything changed and what we had planned went out the window. Now I'm the deer in the headlights! The AMS Boston sc Rep said wait until I see his partner on Monday. But already I'm thinking all this for nothing, again.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:00 am

bobsteel wrote:
DougAnd wrote:Rob I don't want to rock the boat buddy but this is you big chance and if an 18 cm fits then it should be an LGX. I'm with Larry Ask him why not, now. Some surgeons think that if you don't have excessive scarring then you don't need to be bigger. Shrinking you an inch is much easier for the surgeon. Of course it's your penis. Your choice.

Is the CMS easier to implant then the LGX. I don't understand.

I don't either... You would think that everyone with an AMS would get the LGX so they can expand... :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Ok I need to revise my revision. I was in shock, obviously the Doc saw that and did not want to KO me with more bad news. Here is what I found out today. I may have severe deterioration of the Tunica at all 4 ends. Only the Glans end counts. I have not spoken to my surgeon so may be way off for me. But from what he said and the RN told me today if the ends are destroyed then your implant cannot push against them without going through. It's called rubbing. They both called it that. And basically the tip with come through your penis head in time. So IF that's what I have then the LGX is out.
Does this sound familiar to anyone??? Maybe that is why surgeons choose what they feel fits best. Grasping at straws at this point not sure of anything anymore.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”