difficulty with pump

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
rchandra

difficulty with pump

Postby rchandra » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi my name is star. I am 70 yrs old and impotent for 10 yrs before my recent penile implant.Altho my doc was able to pump and create a good erection in me, I am unable to squeeze the pump and create erection. out of 10 trys I could squeeze the pump only once. Either the pumps are too stiff or I am too week to do it Has anyone had similar problem? Any suggestions? I am very upset and depressed over this

radioradio

Re: difficulty with pump

Postby radioradio » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:14 am

Yes, I had great difficulty at first. Keep trying, it will get easier.

And I’d suggest reposting this in “Implants”. You’ll get much more exposure.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:31 am

rchandra wrote:Hi my name is star. I am 70 yrs old and impotent for 10 yrs before my recent penile implant.Altho my doc was able to pump and create a good erection in me, I am unable to squeeze the pump and create erection. out of 10 trys I could squeeze the pump only once. Either the pumps are too stiff or I am too week to do it Has anyone had similar problem? Any suggestions? I am very upset and depressed over this

Everybody that I have told this to it has worked. Try sitting in a hot bath and squeeze or use a electric heating pad. (The bath is better and feels great too). The heat loosens up the rubber in the pump. If this doesn't work, call the company that made it, they can talk you through a reset. Good luck. :)

Larry

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
rchandra wrote:Hi my name is star. I am 70 yrs old and impotent for 10 yrs before my recent penile implant.Altho my doc was able to pump and create a good erection in me, I am unable to squeeze the pump and create erection. out of 10 trys I could squeeze the pump only once. Either the pumps are too stiff or I am too week to do it Has anyone had similar problem? Any suggestions? I am very upset and depressed over this

Everybody that I have told this to it has worked. Try sitting in a hot bath and squeeze or use a electric heating pad. (The bath is better and feels great too). The heat loosens up the rubber in the pump. If this doesn't work, call the company that made it, they can talk you through a reset. Good luck. :)

Larry

Larry has some great advice.

Another thing to check is that you are fully deflated , prior to begin pumping up . The bulb gets firmer as the cylinders fill.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 pm

I have the same problem. I was implanted three weeks ago and I am trying to cycle. I do the heating pad. I can do the first pump to change the mode but the first squeeze is only about 10%. After that it is just to hard to get much of a squeeze. I know I should get more. Some say it will get better and I sure hope they are right. I wonder how long before it gets better. Trying to get a good pump has really caused pain so I had to take a break today or I would have to go back on the pain meds.
I can't do the baths yet so my incision continues to heal.
I hope I am just being impatient.
Was is rest mode? How do you do it.? Just curious but I don't think it is the solution to me hard pump bulb.
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm not sure if what I say can add to what you've already heard. I'm just over 2 weeks out from implant. My doctor, due to his approach and sealing the incision with surgical glue, gave me the go-ahead to get in a hot bath at day 3 after surgery. I activated at day 8 and started pumping.

At first, the pump was very hard to press, and my scrotum felt horribly pinched with each press, whether it was him doing it during activation, or me doing it for myself. It was also hard to identify the pump and deflate button because of the swelling and surgical aftermath.

Getting into a bath with hot water - I prefer 102 degrees, but make sure you don't get any kind of burn - made a huge difference with pumping. As Larry said, this works and a heating pad can, as well. For me, however, the bath is much better. The water seems to distribute the heat better than the heating pad. Three things happen with the hot water: 1) It's soothing and helps with overall pain, 2) the pump gets a little softer and is easier to push, and 3)everything in the scrotum loosens up and is easier to manipulate.

All three of these benefits aid in pumping. I've gotten so I can do the pumping with a heating pad, also, but I'm still at the stage where a hot bath is wildly better.

So see if you can get clearance from your doctor to get in a hot bath. I washed my tub out with disinfectant before I used it and no one but me is using it until I've healed more. I certainly won't go in a public hot tub - too many germs.

Meanwhile, as you continue to pump your scrotal skin will start to hurt less from the same, or even more, pressure. It slowly gets used to being pinched and doesn't cause so much pain. The first week was the hardest as the pain got a little worse at first and then started to improve.

Send me a PM if you want to talk. I'd be happy to share my phone number and talk with you directly.

Best wishes.
Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 pm

I think i found the solution.

AMS 700 accessory or CIA interview tool.
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Quincy,

Thanks for the advice. I have been following your journal.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:23 pm

bobsteel wrote:I think i found the solution.

AMS 700 accessory or CIA interview tool.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:32 am

First, press the deflate deflate button and hold for 4 seconds to insure you're fully deflated. Did you hear a buzz or murmur?

Second, examine your expectations.
Are you expecting a normal pump stroke on the first squeeze ?

I've found that the first compression of the pump bulb can happen differently than you might envision.

From what we read and I was one of them; its easy to form the impression that " to pump" you squeeze the bulb between the pads of your fingers until the sides almost touch in the center with each compression. Not so true.

Its been suggested by some that a firm, quick abrupt squeeze is necessary to reset the pump. This can be very true., You may actually hear an auidible "Pop" type sound.

If you do, stop there and do not attempt to compress the bulb any further. You have accomplished resetting the pump from deflate mode into inflate mode.

Release the bulb to allow it to refill itself from the reservoir. Then from there try a series of short squeezes that do not compress (dent) the bulb more (finger tip) than 1/8 inch. These should happen relatively easily. This is how the doctors who have examined me have went about it.

This should work even as the bulb progressively become more firm as the device inflates.
We're not attempting to inflate a truck tire, a little finesse can be better than Gorilla strength.

IF ... you do not get a "Pop" type sound with the above method try squeezing the bulb very firmly with progressively harder pressure ,as much as it takes; until you do.

Still no "Pop" type sound and the bulb hasn't compressed ?

Try pressing hard again, the letting off abruptly combined and giving a sharp quick poke with a finger tip.

The warm bathes or heating pads suggested by others can be combined with these methods until you find a system that works for you.

..... or resort to the "Channel Locks" !
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”