Beets for Libido

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
Anonymous1

Beets for Libido

Postby Anonymous1 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Has anyone tried using beet powder to boost libido? Apparently it's really good at helping your body produce nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels and we all know and love what that leads to.
Married. 50+. Migraines, low T, performance anxiety and transient ED. Trimix user. Yahoo/Trillian: RF8877/Skype IslandGuy2240.

maxkohn

Re: Beets for Libido

Postby maxkohn » Tue May 26, 2015 11:51 pm

RF8877 wrote:Has anyone tried using beet powder to boost libido? Apparently it's really good at helping your body produce nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels and we all know and love what that leads to.

For me, my libido is fine. I just can't get an erection since my prostate cancer surgery.
Max Kohn

Originally from Chicago, IL moved in 2019 to West Des Moines, Iowa, prostate removed in 2011, nerves spared. Lots of complications and no erections since. n a relationship with a 59-year-old woman in menopause.

ApeOne

Postby ApeOne » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Not sure about the powder, but beet juice helps improve circulation. Good for men with a weak erection as better circulation = stronger erection.
There are other more powerful herbs to boost circulation to the penis. Ginkgo biloba and horny goat weed are among the most popular. You can try a multi-herbal formula, which is more likely to work as opposed to taking a single ingredient. There are literally thousands of male enhancement supplements in the market, which all claim to be the best and safest, but most of them are useless. If you are going to buy any male enhancement supplement then do extensive research about it before wasting your money on some placebo pills. I have tried the vigrx plus herbal supplement - see here. I did feel some improvement in erection (especially girth), but results are not as impressive as the product is hyped up to be.
Last edited by ApeOne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigEyes

Postby BigEyes » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:49 pm

ApeOne

Beet juice works, but If you really want to improve circulation, L-Arginine has been shown in many studies to be very effective, but it takes about 4-5 gms/day to have an effect. It is a big-time booster of NO in the blood but has little effect on libido. Many studies show it to be safe.

An herb that can help with libido is epimedium (also known as "Horny Goat Weed"). Combined with Tribulus Terrestis (Tribulus) it usually produces results.

Also, a loss of libido may mean low free testosterone levels. You might want to get tested. Note the word "free" in previous sentence. Most docs check "total" in blood, but that (in older men) is often meaningless. It is the "free" that does the work.

BigEyes
Doctor of Naturopathy (N.D.) and Herbalist. ED and occasional Anorgasmia from perineal surgery for rectal cancer Dec. 2012

gusord

Postby gusord » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Do you have to see a doctor to prescribe testosterone ? I see ads on line for testosterone.

BigEyes

Postby BigEyes » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:56 pm

gusord

Testosterone is a prescription drug in the US. Unless you have a confirmed low level of FREE testosterone via lab test of blood or saliva, you shouldn't be looking to take it. There are numerous ways of building testosterone naturally.

BigEyes
Doctor of Naturopathy (N.D.) and Herbalist. ED and occasional Anorgasmia from perineal surgery for rectal cancer Dec. 2012

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”