Post-op depression after implant

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
DonBecker54

Post-op depression after implant

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Before my implant surgery, I practiced guitar 2-6 hours a day, watched music videos before bedtime, and had a chocolate bar every night. That all stopped after my implant surgery. I have to force myself to do the things I enjoy.

I recognized it as depression and wondered if there was such a thing as post-operative depression. Sure enough, there was.

I'm trying to force myself to do the things I was doing, and hope that I'll snap out of it.

Has anyone else here experienced this?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

PFracture

Re: Post-op depression after implant

Postby PFracture » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:39 pm

You stopped because of the recovery time, or you are past that and still feeling down and depressed?

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm

How long has it been? I was in total regret and sadness for about a month afterwards, then saying "What the Hell was I thinking?" for about another 4 to 8 weeks. Now it's 8 months and I've NEVER BEEN HAPPIER! So if this is a recent event, take heart. Your reaction is automatic and many men have gone through it. But it gets better.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:21 am

I am pretty well back to my regular routine of physical work now except have to be careful doing things that bump into it now. Odd how you are aware things you always did before push, knock, bump the stuff and hurt now. I have noticed I am weaker after this surgery than before as merrix had pointed out. I thought I'd worked hard to avoid that but have not. DB, how are things? You are 39 days now.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:51 am

PFracture wrote:You stopped because of the recovery time, or you are past that and still feeling down and depressed?

Well, I couldn't physically play guitar for the first 2-3 weeks, but I'd stopped doing many things because of depression.

I wasn't regretting having the surgery or anything like that. It was just major depression. I was sleeping during the day, not because I was tired, but because I was depressed. I've never done that before.

I'm back to normal now, playing guitar, eating chocolates, listening to music, etc. I can't play guitar as long because my testicles hurt from crossing my legs (which probably wouldn't be the case if the pump had stayed in the rear, instead of winding up at the 1:00 position).
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:18 pm

I'm 46 days out and finding the pump and tubing are limiting me when I am active. This cannot continue, is not improving, maybe worse. Too many people have told me their implant did not limit their activity in any way other than they notice it is there sometimes. I'm not really depressed about it but sure getting madder by the day. As things are now, I wish I NEVER got an implant. Hopefully there is a remedy. Hope things get better for you.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:42 pm

Now I"m depressed about the surgery. Every time I inflate this my heart just sinks. I'm going to contact a young lady friend of mine, and hope that it goes well and I feel better about myself.

This isn't post-op depression. It's Milam depression.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 pm

If she is a great lady she will understand. Tell her you did it for her and the doc messed you up and you are going to get it fixed. Sorry you have to deal with this shit. A great gal will hug you well. Cheers. Help is on the way. You already made the call to Mr. Fixer.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Well, she's paid to be nice to me, so she will. I don' t expect emotional support, because there's no emotions.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:17 pm

I went through the post-op depression too (not sure what else to call it). Getting out of bed was difficult and inflating also made my heart sink every time. To be honest it still does somewhat but the only thing that lifted me out of it was contacting Eid and making up my mind to go for a revision. I now know that what I have is pathetic and using this damn thing with a lady will almost be impossible and no amount of time will improve things significantly enough. It has taken a lot of effort to pick myself up. Even more depressing is that Im paying out of pocket twice but to be honest I would gladly give up all the money I have to have this issue fixed and have the mental torture end finally. I do not want to feel like that ever again.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”