Intimacy issues

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
topdog

Intimacy issues

Postby topdog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 am

I feel like I am the only one in the world with this problem. Really, I have researched on-line and I can't find a lot of information about my particular situation. I've been married twice. Each time I lost all romantic interest in my wives within a short time of the marriage. I thought the first time with my first wife it was due to the pregnancy. Now 20 years later, the same thing. Only this time I have a lower libido and fewer erections to complicate the issue even further.

I stayed single for about 20 years after my first marriage because I thought marriage was simply not for me. I like women (a variety) and if I was honest with myself I knew that I probably would choose to remain single if I could enjoy a strong sex life and couple that with dating. Now my 2nd marriage is in trouble. Yes. I am seeing a counselor again.

Tell me there's one person who connects in some way?

Woodicould

Re: Intimacy issues

Postby Woodicould » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:33 pm

The book How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich is a good primer on different ways people seek and receive love and how one type can meet the needs of another. It sounds very "scientific" but is full of stories and a good read. Hope it helps.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”